strategy+business - All Updates Read commentary, research, and practical ideas that bridge the gap between theory and practice in contemporary global business.
- The surprising link between creativity and riskby by Michele Wucker on July 29, 2021 at 5:00 am
There are powerful links between creativity and a positive attitude toward risk, writes Michele Wucker. Creative employees are more likely to take the kind of "good" risks that lead to innovation, and they're willing to take the social risk of speaking up.
- Rethinking total reward strategiesby by Andrew Curcio and Alastair Woods on July 27, 2021 at 5:00 am
What workers value in terms of employee reward has changed over the past decade, but employers keep offering the same menu of choices. PwC analysis shows that companies can save money--as much as US$2,800 per employee per year--and attract and retain top talent if they use data analytics to understand what people want and provide a menu of options in their total reward offerings to suit everyone.
- Why bigger isn't always better in bankingby by Daniel Gross on July 21, 2021 at 5:00 am
Brown Brothers has survived and thrived for more than two centuries in the highly competitive banking sector. In Inside Money, a new book about the storied firm, author Zachary Karabell describes how conservatism and pragmatism are viable strategies for surviving multiple disruptions.
- Making transformation stickby by Augusto Giacoman and Craig Hapelt on July 19, 2021 at 5:00 am
Three steps can help leaders ensure that their change efforts don't fall apart once the initial push is over.
- Why your organization's wellness app isn't workingby by Eric J. McNulty on July 15, 2021 at 5:00 am
The pursuit of well-being shouldn't feel like a rat race. Making three changes to your workplace's wellness initiatives can help.
- What is your personal leadership brand?by by Adam Bryant on July 14, 2021 at 5:00 am
Developing a leadership brand that embodies your values and can easily be articulated will help senior managers get the most out of their teams. Adam Bryant explains how to develop a personal elevator pitch and why it is important.
- Mark Carney on a values-led economyby by Jakob von Baeyer on July 13, 2021 at 5:00 am
In an interview about his new book Value(s): Building a Better World for All, Mark Carney, former governor of the Bank of England, speaks about the shape of the recovery and how businesses can contribute to a purposeful future.
- How to help India's farmersby by Deepa Krishnan on July 12, 2021 at 5:00 am
Reforming the food sector in India will require businesses and government to work together and change not just how produce is sold but also every part of how agricultural products are grown, processed, and distributed.
- The rise of the eco-friendly consumerby by Amy Emmert on July 8, 2021 at 5:00 am
During the pandemic, consumers have become more sensitive to the environmental impact of their shopping decisions, and consumer companies are responding.
- Building on the gains made from remote workby by Josh Levs on July 7, 2021 at 5:00 am
Offices are reopening, and employees are resuming their commutes. Josh Levs writes that it's crucial businesses not lose the gains they've made in the past year in allowing employees to work from home.