Economic News & Analysis News
PR Newswire: PR Newswire:
- Valo Health to Participate in Barclays and Oppenheimer Healthcare Investor Conferenceson March 1, 2021 at 4:10 pm
BOSTON, March 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Valo Health, LLC (Valo), the technology company that is using human-centric data and machine learning computation to transform and accelerate the drug discovery and development process, announced today that its CEO and founder, David Berry, will...
- Wall Decor Market in Europe to grow by $ 9.56 bn in 2020, Amazon.com Inc. and Carrefour Group emerge as Key Contributors to growth |Industry Analysis, Market Trends, Opportunities and Forecast 2024| Technavioon March 1, 2021 at 4:10 pm
NEW YORK, March 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Technavio has been monitoring the wall decor market in Europe and it is poised to grow by USD 9.56 bn during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of over 9% during the forecast period. The report offers an up-to-date analysis regarding the current...
- Texas universities advance reliable nuclear energyon March 1, 2021 at 4:09 pm
ABILENE, Texas, March 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Energy and electricity topics are dominating conversations in Texas after residents spent a week battling a major winter storm. Abilene Christian University, along with two other Texas universities, is at the forefront of nuclear technology to...
- Mt. Vernon to Receive $50,000 Community Betterment Grant for Topping Cold Turkey Challengeon March 1, 2021 at 4:09 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa, March 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Back in November 2020, Above + Beyond Cancer announced a nicotine-cessation contest, called the Cold Turkey Challenge, which offered a $50,000 community betterment grant for an Iowa small town that could gather a group of tobacco users in...
- Milton Security Introduces Variable Billing; Easing Financial Strain During Pandemicon March 1, 2021 at 4:07 pm
BREA, Calif., March 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Milton Security, a leading provider of Threat Hunting as a Service, XDR & MDR (MxDR) SOC Services, introduced a variable billing plan today that will allow new and existing clients the option of annual, quarterly, or monthly billing. This comes...
- TRG Datacenters Maintains 100% Uptime During ERCOT Failure In Winter Storm Urion March 1, 2021 at 4:07 pm
HOUSTON, March 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- During the record winter storm that left Texas in a statewide power emergency, TRG Datacenters used their generators to keep customers online while reducing their load on the state's struggling power grid. On Saturday morning February 13th, TRG began...
- Dodge Adds Amazon Storefront Providing a One-stop Shop for Brand Enthusiastson March 1, 2021 at 4:06 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., March 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Dodge Store by Amazon officially opened its doors to automotive enthusiasts this week. Dodge//SRT fans can now shop hundreds of options for authentic licensed gear and merchandise across the Amazon storefront beginning today (Monday,...
- Parasoft Showcases Integrated Automated Testing Solution for CI/CD Workflow at Embedded World 2021on March 1, 2021 at 4:05 pm
MONROVIA, Calif. and BERLIN, March 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Parasoft, a global leader in automated software testing for over 30 years, today announced the 2021.1 release of Parasoft C/C++test, the unified C and C++ development testing solution for embedded applications. This release gives...
- Wall Decor Market In US- Amazon.com Inc., Art.com Inc., Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., among others to contribute to the market growth|Industry Analysis, Market Trends, Opportunities and Forecast 2024on March 1, 2021 at 4:05 pm
NEW YORK, March 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The wall decor market in US is poised to grow by USD 8.19 bn during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of over 9% during the forecast period. Here is an Exclusive report talking about Market scenarios, Estimates, the impact of lockdown, and Customer...
- Welltok Names Matt Hibbard Chief Financial Officeron March 1, 2021 at 4:04 pm
DENVER, March 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Welltok, the consumer health activation company, announced today that Matt Hibbard has joined Welltok as Chief Financial Officer. Hibbard brings an impressive track record with more than 20 years of financial leadership experience at public and...
- Stocks Rally After Rout in Bonds Subsides: Live Updatesby The New York Times on March 1, 2021 at 4:21 pm
- The Little Magazine That Incubated Team Bidenby Marc Tracy on March 1, 2021 at 4:02 pm
Democracy, an unassuming policy journal with an office near the White House, is a place where members of the new administration have floated ideas that may now become policy.
- How Can Biden Bring Back Manufacturing Jobs? Weaken the Dollarby Noam Scheiber on March 1, 2021 at 3:47 pm
Critics of a strong currency say it hurts American factory workers by making imports cheap.
- In Quest for Herd Immunity, Giant Covid-19 Vaccination Sites Proliferateby Abby Goodnough and Christoper Capozziello on March 1, 2021 at 3:26 pm
A day at one mass site in Connecticut shows both the promise and the shortcomings of the approach, which is at the center of President Biden’s plan to bring the pandemic to an end.
- The Season of the Snitchby Ezra Marcus on March 1, 2021 at 2:42 pm
Narc-narc, who’s there?
- United Adds to Its Orders for Boeing 737 Max Planesby Niraj Chokshi on March 1, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The airline is also speeding up deliveries of the planes in a show of confidence in the jet, which was recently allowed to fly again after major updates.
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Is Shunning Big Dealsby Andrew Ross Sorkin, Jason Karaian, Michael J. de la Merced, Lauren Hirsch and Ephrat Livni on March 1, 2021 at 12:35 pm
The Oracle of Omaha isn’t taking as many risks as he used to.
- How Pro-Trump Forces Pushed a Lie About Antifa at the Capitol Riotby Michael M. Grynbaum, Davey Alba and Reid J. Epstein on March 1, 2021 at 11:21 am
On social media, on cable networks and even in the halls of Congress, supporters of Donald J. Trump tried to rewrite history in real time, pushing the fiction that left-wing agitators were to blame for the violence on Jan. 6.
- China Charges Ahead With a National Digital Currencyby Nathaniel Popper and Cao Li on March 1, 2021 at 10:00 am
The electronic Chinese yuan is now being tested in cities such as Shenzhen, Shanghai and Beijing. No other major power is as far along with a homegrown digital currency.
- Warren Revives Wealth Tax, Citing Pandemic Inequalitiesby Jim Tankersley on March 1, 2021 at 10:00 am
A tax on the net worth of America’s wealthiest individuals remains popular with voters, but has yet to be embraced by President Biden.
Economy : NPR NPR news on the U.S. and world economy, the World Bank, and Federal Reserve. Commentary on economic trends. Subscribe to NPR Economy podcasts and RSS feeds.
- News Brief: Relief Package, Cuomo Comments, Myanmar Protester Deathsby Steve Inskeep on March 1, 2021 at 10:03 am
Senate takes up the COVID-19 relief package. New York Gov. Cuomo promises to comply with an investigation into allegations of workplace harassment. Myanmar marks its most violent day since the coup.
- Biden Urges Senate To Move Quickly On COVID-19 Relief Planby Ayesha Rascoe on March 1, 2021 at 10:03 am
The House early Saturday passed President Biden's $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package. Now the measure heads to the Senate.
- House Passes $1.9 Trillion COVID-19 Plan; Biden Calls For 'Quick Action' From Senateby Chloee Weiner on February 27, 2021 at 7:06 am
The proposal, which would provide a new round of financial support for workers, families and businesses, will now advance to the Senate.
- Biden's $1.9 Trillion Rescue Plan: Vital Medicine Or Costly Overkill?by Scott Horsley on February 26, 2021 at 10:00 am
Backers of the president's ambitious stimulus plan say it will help struggling families and businesses, but critics say it goes too far.
- Costco To Raise Minimum Wage To $16 An Hour: 'This Isn't Altruism'by Alina Selyukh on February 25, 2021 at 6:02 pm
Next week's pay increase would put Costco ahead of much of the industry. CEO W. Craig Jelinek said higher pay reduces turnover and boosts productivity.
- Democrats Say Relief Programs Could Become This Generation's New Dealby Kelsey Snell on February 25, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Democrats are using the $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill to introduce measures they say will reduce poverty. People already at risk for falling behind have seen big setbacks over the past year.
- For Black Families, Evictions Are Still At A Crisis Point — Despite Moratoriumby Pam Fessler on February 24, 2021 at 12:21 pm
"Black individuals make up about 21% of all renters, but they make up 35% of all defendants on eviction cases," says Peter Hepburn, a researcher for Princeton University's Eviction Lab.
- Fed Chair Jerome Powell Warns Of Long Road Ahead To Recover Millions Of Lost Jobsby Scott Horsley on February 23, 2021 at 6:35 pm
Powell warned it will take time to put millions of jobless Americans back to work, while also downplaying inflation threats.
- Winter Storm Delivers Another Blow To Communities Of Colorby Elizabeth Trovall on February 23, 2021 at 10:03 am
Last week's deep winter freeze exposed a series of inequities. Among them, communities of color in Houston face unique challenges recovering from the storm after already being hit hardest by COVID-19.
- Who Wins Or Loses If There's An Increase In The Federal Minimum Wage?on February 23, 2021 at 10:03 am
NPR's Steve Inskeep talks to David Wessel, director of the Hutchins Center at the Brookings Institution, about Democrats' aim to pass a COVID-19 relief package with a hike in the federal minimum wage.
LexisNexis Press Releases: General Complete information from non-U.S. LexisNexis locations and other corporate news.
- Lex Machina Announces Updated COVID-19 Tracking Toolson September 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
Menlo Park, CA — Lex Machina, a LexisNexis company, announces updated tracking tools for litigation related to COVID-19, allowing users to gauge and understand the effect of the pandemic. The company has been publishing research on the impacts of COVID-19 on litigation with its COVID-19 Impact Analyzer App (“COVID App”) and blog posts. As activity increases in federal court and more information becomes available, Lex Machina has updated its systems with new tools to track the impacts of COVID-19 on litigation. It has three new tools:
- LexisNexis Introduces Lexis+ Premium Legal Solutionon September 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, today announced the official commercial launch of Lexis+™, a feature-rich, premium legal solution. Lexis+ unites advanced research, practical guidance, brief analysis and enhanced tools with a modern user experience to deliver data-driven insights, greater efficiency and better outcomes.
- LexisNexis Announces Fifth Cohort of Legal Tech Accelerator Participantson September 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, NC — LexisNexis® today announced that ten participants have been selected for its Legal Tech Accelerator program. The program was started to give startups a leg up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. In line with the broad LexisNexis vision to transform the way law is practiced, each of the ten accelerator participants – AiLanthus, Clause Logic, Docket, Don’t Get Mad Get Paid, FastVisa, IPGen, JusticeText, Office and Dragons, PainWorth and People Clerk – is driving innovation in a distinct area of the law.
- LexisNexis Named a Leader by the IDC MarketScape for Enterprise Legal Spend Management and Enterprise Matter Managementon August 10, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, North Carolina – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, provider of a leading cloud-based enterprise legal management solution for corporate legal departments: LexisNexis® CounselLink®, has been named a leader in two IDC MarketScape reports - Worldwide Enterprise Legal Spend Management 2020 Vendor Assessment and Worldwide Enterprise Matter Management 2020 Vendor Assessment.
- LexisNexis Accepting Applicants for Fifth Cohort of Legal Tech Acceleratoron July 30, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, NC – LexisNexis today announced that it is accepting applications for the fifth cohort of the LexisNexis Legal Tech Accelerator. The program is designed to give start-ups a leg-up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. The Accelerator leverages LexisNexis expertise in legal, technology and start-up domains, and industry-leading market position to advise and incubate program participants.
- LexisNexis Named Among Best Companies for Diversity, Leadership and Professional Developmenton July 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK - LexisNexis Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, is proud to announce that CEO Mike Walsh was named one of the top ten 2020 Best CEOs for Diversity by Comparably. Rankings were based solely on anonymous sentiment ratings from employees of color (non-Caucasian) about their chief executive officers. Other tech company CEO honorees included Satya Nadella from Microsoft, Sundar Pichai from Google, and Tim Cook from Apple.
- LexisNexis CounselLink Releases 2020 Enterprise Legal Management Trends Reporton July 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
RALEIGH, N.C., LexisNexis® CounselLink® a leading cloud-based enterprise legal management solution for corporate law departments, today announced the release of its 2020 Enterprise Legal Management Trends Report. Now in its seventh year, the Trends Report is based on more $35 billion in legal spend comprised of almost seven million invoices and more than 1.7 million matters.
- LexisNexis Launches Lexis Product Liability Navigator to Help Practitioners Determine Case Value and Viability While Reducing Risk and Research Timeon June 15, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, today announced the launch of Lexis Product Liability Navigator™ on the Lexis Advance® platform. Lexis Product Liability Navigator is the second in the Navigator franchise, joining the previously released Lexis Medical Navigator®. These purpose-built solutions for complex forms of litigation are uniquely designed to complement the way lawyers and research professionals in these practice areas work and significantly reduce the time it takes them to get the insights and information they need.
- Nexis Newsdesk™ and Nexis Uni® Honored with Best-in-Class SIIA CODiE Awardson June 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK CITY, NY – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, announced today that both Nexis Newsdesk™ and Nexis Uni® have been named 2020 SIIA CODiE™ Award winners. Nexis Newsdesk was honored as Best Content Search & Discovery Solution and Nexis Uni for Best Library Reference or Educational Database.
- LexisNexis Data Shows Overall District Court Case Filings Decreased Slightly And COVID-19 Social Distancing Has Impacted Courtroom Hearings and Trialson June 3, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – As COVID-19 continues to disrupt the legal profession, new findings from LexisNexis® Legal & Professional shed light on how the pandemic has impacted U.S. District Court litigation.