Economic News & Analysis News
PR Newswire: PR Newswire:
- Athletico Physical Therapy Opens in Okemoson December 2, 2020 at 12:47 pm
OKEMOS, Mich., Dec. 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Athletico Physical Therapy has opened a new location in Okemos on Monday, November 16th and is conveniently located on the corner of Grand River Avenue and Okemos Road, right next to Panera Bread. This location offers convenient hours, including...
- Ridley Scott launches climate campaign: 'We are at the threshold of an abyss of disaster'on December 2, 2020 at 12:45 pm
LISBON, Portugal, Dec. 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Raised by Wolves (2020), The Martian (2015) and The Gladiator (2000) director Sir Ridley Scott launched a trailer with stark warnings for both the global tech industry and humankind itself Scott launched the trailer at Web Summit, together...
- Equifax Introduces Response CONFIDENCE to Drive More Confident Decisions in Pandemic Economyon December 2, 2020 at 12:45 pm
ATLANTA, Dec. 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Equifax Inc. (NYSE: EFX) continues to help lenders and service providers of every size navigate the uncertainty of the COVID-19 economy with the new Response CONFIDENCE solution suite. Response CONFIDENCE is a flexible set of solutions designed to...
- Chubb Names John Keogh Presidenton December 2, 2020 at 12:45 pm
ZURICH, Dec. 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Chubb today announced that John Keogh, Executive Vice Chairman of Chubb Group and Chief Operating Officer, has been appointed President and Chief Operating Officer, effective immediately. He will continue to report to Evan G. Greenberg, Chairman and...
- North Carolina School District Adopts CalAmp's Full Suite of School Bus Tracking, Contact Tracing and Fleet Management Solutionson December 2, 2020 at 12:45 pm
STATESVILLE, N.C. and IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- CalAmp (Nasdaq: CAMP), a global technology solutions pioneer transforming the mobile connected economy, today announced that another North Carolina community has adopted its award-winning school bus technology. The...
- Global Genomic Cancer Panel and Profiling Market Report 2021-2025: New Science Creating New Market Opportunities with Regularityon December 2, 2020 at 12:45 pm
DUBLIN, Dec. 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Genomic Cancer Panel and Profiling Markets by Cancer and Germline/Somatic Type with Screening Potential Market Size, Customized Forecasting/Analysis, and Executive and Consultant Guides 2021-2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's...
- Global Extended Reality Markets, 2020-2030 - Increasing Adoption of 5G & Growing Focus on Gesture-Based Computingon December 2, 2020 at 12:45 pm
DUBLIN, Dec. 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Extended Reality Market Research Report: By Component, Device Type, User, Delivery Model, Application, Industry - Global Industry Analysis and Growth Forecast to 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The global extended...
- AVM Biotechnology President Selected to Speak at ESWI Conference in Novel and Outstanding Discoveries Trackon December 2, 2020 at 12:41 pm
SEATTLE, Dec. 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- AVM Biotechnology, a company developing a proprietary and innovative form of dexamethasone, today announced that CEO/CSO, Dr. Theresa Deisher has been selected to present during the Novel and Outstanding Discoveries Track at the European Scientific...
- SSi People announces new Executive VP of Strategy and Developmenton December 2, 2020 at 12:38 pm
CRANBERRY TWP., Pa., Dec. 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- SSi People today announced the appointment of Manny Vidal as executive vice president of strategy and development — effective immediately. SSi People today announced the appointment of Manny Vidal as executive vice president of strategy...
- ZTE supporta Ncell nel completamento della manutenzione preventiva della rete presso il Campo Base dell'Evereston December 2, 2020 at 12:38 pm
SHENZHEN, Cina, 2 dicembre 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- ZTE Corporation (0763.HK/000063.SZ), importante fornitore internazionale di telecomunicazioni e di soluzioni tecnologiche di Internet mobile per aziende e consumatori, ha annunciato di aver supportato Ncell, per il completamento, avvenuto...
- Biden's Economic Team Emphasizes Workers as Its Focusby Andrew Ross Sorkin, Jason Karaian, Michael J. de la Merced, Lauren Hirsch and Ephrat Livni on December 2, 2020 at 12:43 pm
The president-elect’s economic team says that it’s all about workers.
- Stocks Stall After Another S&P 500 High: Live Business Updatesby The New York Times on December 2, 2020 at 11:46 am
- U.N. Reclassifies Cannabis as a Less Dangerous Drugby Isabella Kwai on December 2, 2020 at 11:23 am
A United Nations commission voted to remove marijuana for medical use from a list of narcotics like heroin.
- This Japanese Shop Is 1,020 Years Old. It Knows a Bit About Surviving Crises.by Ben Dooley and Hisako Ueno on December 2, 2020 at 10:00 am
A mochi seller in Kyoto, and many of Japan’s other centuries-old businesses, have endured by putting tradition and stability over profit and growth.
- After Biden Win, Nation’s Republicans Fear the Economy Aheadby Jim Tankersley and Ben Casselman on December 2, 2020 at 10:00 am
Polling shows that Republicans have turned bearish on the outlook for their family finances since the election, while Democratic optimism is rising.
- Nobody Is Going to Conventions. Convention Centers Are Growing Anyway.by Mary Williams Walsh on December 2, 2020 at 10:00 am
The pandemic is intensifying the competition among cities, which are rushing to build bigger, more alluring event spaces.
- Holiday Cards for 2020by Debra Kamin on December 2, 2020 at 10:00 am
In a year marked by distance, loss and virtual stand-ins, physical greeting cards are selling quite well.
- Amazon and Apple Shift From Intel's Chips, Driving Industry Changeby Don Clark on December 2, 2020 at 1:26 am
Amazon’s cloud computing business and Apple’s Macs are increasingly using the companies’ homegrown chips.
- Biden’s New Top Economist Has a Longtime Focus on Workersby Jim Tankersley and Jeanna Smialek on December 2, 2020 at 12:13 am
Cecilia Rouse has studied education and discrimination, with a particular focus on the struggles of the long-term unemployed.
- Who Will Get the Coronavirus Vaccine First?by Abby Goodnough on December 1, 2020 at 11:21 pm
We answer that and other important questions about the distribution, safety and availability of the shots.
Economy : NPR NPR news on the U.S. and world economy, the World Bank, and Federal Reserve. Commentary on economic trends. Subscribe to NPR Economy podcasts and RSS feeds.
- Capitol Hill Lawmakers Consider Additional Pandemic Aidby Scott Horsley on December 2, 2020 at 10:05 am
A bipartisan group of lawmakers is hoping to break the logjam that's been holding up pandemic relief in Congress. The clock is ticking for millions of people whose aid will expire later this month.
- Biden Debuts His Economic Teamby Asma Khalid on December 1, 2020 at 8:51 pm
On Tuesday, President-elect Joe Biden formally introduced six core members of his economic team. Janet Yellen will lead the team if she is confirmed as Treasury secretary.
- Group Of Moderate Lawmakers Proposes Bipartisan Pandemic Relief Billby Susan Davis on December 1, 2020 at 8:51 pm
A bipartisan group of centrist Senate and House lawmakers unveiled a $908 billion pandemic relief proposal in an attempt to break the months-long impasse over the issue on Capitol Hill.
- With Relief Programs Expiring Soon, Millions Of Americans Expect A Difficult Winterby Chris Arnold on December 1, 2020 at 8:51 pm
From unemployment benefits to eviction protections, most pandemic relief programs are set to expire in December. If the government doesn't extend help, millions of Americans will be in trouble.
- Rosy Vaccine Outlook Brightens World Economic Forecast, But Recovery May Be Unevenby Bill Chappell on December 1, 2020 at 4:32 pm
China is predicted to account for more than a third of global economic growth next year, while the U.S. and European countries will lag behind, according to the OECD.
- How Biden's Diverse Economic Team May Impact His Policieson December 1, 2020 at 10:07 am
As President-elect Biden picks his economic team, NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro talks to economist Lisa Cook, a former adviser to President Obama, about diversity in the fields of economics and finance.
- Biden Nominates More Members Of His Economic Teamby Scott Horsley on November 30, 2020 at 8:51 pm
President-elect Joe Biden has named more members of his economic team. It's a diverse and experienced group that Biden is counting on to help revive an economy hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic.
- President-Elect Biden Names Core Members Of His Economic Teamby Brakkton Booker on November 30, 2020 at 4:03 pm
Among the names: Cecilia Rouse is nominated as chair of the Council of Economic Advisers. If confirmed, she'll be the first Black woman, and just the fourth woman overall, to lead the CEA.
- Biden Announces More Historic Picks For His Economics Teamon November 30, 2020 at 3:17 pm
President-elect Joe Biden has named more members of his economic team. Among them is labor economist Cecilia Rouse, who is tapped to chair the Council of Economic Advisers.
- IRS Says Its Own Error Sent $1,200 Stimulus Checks To Non-Americans Overseasby Sacha Pfeiffer on November 30, 2020 at 10:02 am
The IRS now says its own error caused thousands of non-Americans living overseas to mistakenly receive $1,200 stimulus checks — and the mistake could happen again if more stimulus money goes out.
LexisNexis Press Releases: General Complete information from non-U.S. LexisNexis locations and other corporate news.
- Lex Machina Announces Updated COVID-19 Tracking Toolson September 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
Menlo Park, CA — Lex Machina, a LexisNexis company, announces updated tracking tools for litigation related to COVID-19, allowing users to gauge and understand the effect of the pandemic. The company has been publishing research on the impacts of COVID-19 on litigation with its COVID-19 Impact Analyzer App (“COVID App”) and blog posts. As activity increases in federal court and more information becomes available, Lex Machina has updated its systems with new tools to track the impacts of COVID-19 on litigation. It has three new tools:
- LexisNexis Introduces Lexis+ Premium Legal Solutionon September 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, today announced the official commercial launch of Lexis+™, a feature-rich, premium legal solution. Lexis+ unites advanced research, practical guidance, brief analysis and enhanced tools with a modern user experience to deliver data-driven insights, greater efficiency and better outcomes.
- LexisNexis Announces Fifth Cohort of Legal Tech Accelerator Participantson September 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, NC — LexisNexis® today announced that ten participants have been selected for its Legal Tech Accelerator program. The program was started to give startups a leg up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. In line with the broad LexisNexis vision to transform the way law is practiced, each of the ten accelerator participants – AiLanthus, Clause Logic, Docket, Don’t Get Mad Get Paid, FastVisa, IPGen, JusticeText, Office and Dragons, PainWorth and People Clerk – is driving innovation in a distinct area of the law.
- LexisNexis Named a Leader by the IDC MarketScape for Enterprise Legal Spend Management and Enterprise Matter Managementon August 10, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, North Carolina – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, provider of a leading cloud-based enterprise legal management solution for corporate legal departments: LexisNexis® CounselLink®, has been named a leader in two IDC MarketScape reports - Worldwide Enterprise Legal Spend Management 2020 Vendor Assessment and Worldwide Enterprise Matter Management 2020 Vendor Assessment.
- LexisNexis Accepting Applicants for Fifth Cohort of Legal Tech Acceleratoron July 30, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, NC – LexisNexis today announced that it is accepting applications for the fifth cohort of the LexisNexis Legal Tech Accelerator. The program is designed to give start-ups a leg-up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. The Accelerator leverages LexisNexis expertise in legal, technology and start-up domains, and industry-leading market position to advise and incubate program participants.
- LexisNexis Named Among Best Companies for Diversity, Leadership and Professional Developmenton July 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK - LexisNexis Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, is proud to announce that CEO Mike Walsh was named one of the top ten 2020 Best CEOs for Diversity by Comparably. Rankings were based solely on anonymous sentiment ratings from employees of color (non-Caucasian) about their chief executive officers. Other tech company CEO honorees included Satya Nadella from Microsoft, Sundar Pichai from Google, and Tim Cook from Apple.
- LexisNexis CounselLink Releases 2020 Enterprise Legal Management Trends Reporton July 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
RALEIGH, N.C., LexisNexis® CounselLink® a leading cloud-based enterprise legal management solution for corporate law departments, today announced the release of its 2020 Enterprise Legal Management Trends Report. Now in its seventh year, the Trends Report is based on more $35 billion in legal spend comprised of almost seven million invoices and more than 1.7 million matters.
- LexisNexis Launches Lexis Product Liability Navigator to Help Practitioners Determine Case Value and Viability While Reducing Risk and Research Timeon June 15, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, today announced the launch of Lexis Product Liability Navigator™ on the Lexis Advance® platform. Lexis Product Liability Navigator is the second in the Navigator franchise, joining the previously released Lexis Medical Navigator®. These purpose-built solutions for complex forms of litigation are uniquely designed to complement the way lawyers and research professionals in these practice areas work and significantly reduce the time it takes them to get the insights and information they need.
- Nexis Newsdesk™ and Nexis Uni® Honored with Best-in-Class SIIA CODiE Awardson June 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK CITY, NY – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, announced today that both Nexis Newsdesk™ and Nexis Uni® have been named 2020 SIIA CODiE™ Award winners. Nexis Newsdesk was honored as Best Content Search & Discovery Solution and Nexis Uni for Best Library Reference or Educational Database.
- LexisNexis Data Shows Overall District Court Case Filings Decreased Slightly And COVID-19 Social Distancing Has Impacted Courtroom Hearings and Trialson June 3, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – As COVID-19 continues to disrupt the legal profession, new findings from LexisNexis® Legal & Professional shed light on how the pandemic has impacted U.S. District Court litigation.