Economic News & Analysis News
PR Newswire: PR Newswire:
- Epidemiologist Beyrer tells HWS Graduates to Beware of Disinformationon May 22, 2022 at 7:57 pm
GENEVA, N.Y., May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- During his Commencement address at Hobart and William Smith Colleges, epidemiologist and HIV/AIDS expert Dr. Christopher Beyrer '81, Sc.D.'22 emphasized the vital role of education and critical thinking in fostering democracy, validating truth...
- New Data Presented at DDW 2022 Shows Nearly Two-Fold Risk of Loss of Remission in Ulcerative Colitis Patients who had Histologic Inflammation on Baseline Biopsyon May 22, 2022 at 7:15 pm
DURHAM, N.C., May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- New data shows that more than a third (36.6%) of ulcerative colitis (UC) patients who have previously responded to advanced therapies experienced a loss of remission (LOR) in their symptom control, often within a year. The analysis from Target...
- ROSEN, A TOP RANKED FIRM, Encourages Stronghold Digital Mining, Inc. Investors With Losses to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in Securities Class Action - SDIGon May 22, 2022 at 7:14 pm
NEW YORK, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- WHY: , N.Y., May 22, 2022. Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, reminds purchasers of the securities of Stronghold Digital Mining, Inc. (NASDAQ: SDIG) pursuant and/or traceable to the registration statement and prospectus (collectively,...
- Tribe Builder Media Mogul, Danielle Sabrina, Announces "Genre 22" Record Label Launch and Trending New Pop Artist "Hazy Shea"on May 22, 2022 at 7:11 pm
LOS ANGELES, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Danielle Sabrina, award-winning publicist and founder of Tribe Builder Media, today announced the launch of Genre 22, an independent label she formed with her daughter and artist Taylor Graveline known as Hazy Shea. A concept born from a poolside...
- HUB Security Announces a $18m Framework Agreement to Provide Confidential Computing Hardware Solutionson May 22, 2022 at 6:20 pm
TEL-AVIV, Israel, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- HUB Cyber Security (Israel) Limited (TASE: HUB), a Tel-Aviv based developer of Confidential Computing cybersecurity solutions and services ("HUB" or the "Company"), announces that it has signed a long-term framework agreement with a leading...
- ROSEN, A LEADING LAW FIRM, Encourages Natera, Inc. Investors to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in Securities Class Action - NTRAon May 22, 2022 at 5:22 pm
NEW YORK, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- WHY: Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, reminds purchasers of the securities of Natera, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTRA) between February 26, 2020 and April 19, 2022, inclusive (the "Class Period"), of the important June 27, 2022 lead plaintiff...
- Hyundai Motor Group to Strengthen US Investment as the Group Targets Innovation and Mobility Leadershipon May 22, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- HMG to invest more than USD 10 billion in US by 2025 to secure future growth - Investment to support HMG global position as first mover in innovation and next-generation mobility solutions and contributes to U.S. manufacturing - HMG on May 20 announced a USD 5.54-billion new EV &...
- ROSEN, A LEADING LAW FIRM, Encourages Netflix, Inc. Investors With Losses to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in Securities Class Action - NFLXon May 22, 2022 at 4:22 pm
NEW YORK, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- WHY: Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, reminds purchasers of the securities of Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) between October 19, 2021 and April 19, 2022, inclusive (the "Class Period"), of the important July 5, 2022 lead plaintiff...
- Linqto Surpasses Fifty Thousand Investor memberson May 22, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Private investing made simple on Linqto SAN FRANCISCO, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Linqto, the Main Street investment platform for private technology market securities, announced a significant milestone in the company's growth. With a 100% increase in the past four months, Linqto has...
- WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Leprosy Elimination Recognized with WHO Director-General's Award for Global Health at 75th World Health Assemblyon May 22, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Ambassador will call on countries to strengthen efforts against leprosy in meetings with delegations attending WHA TOKYO, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Leprosy Elimination Yohei Sasakawa arrives in Geneva, Switzerland on May 23 for the 75th World Health...
- Several Jif Peanut Butter Products Recalled Over Potential Salmonellaby Livia Albeck-Ripka on May 22, 2022 at 7:57 pm
The J.M. Smucker Company said it initiated a voluntary recall and advised consumers to dispose of some potentially contaminated products.
- Tesla’s Aura Dims as Its Plunging Stock Highlights the Risks It Facesby Jack Ewing on May 22, 2022 at 1:55 pm
Production problems in China and Elon Musk’s pursuit of Twitter are leading investors to wonder whether the electric car company is worth as much as they thought.
- The Week in Business: Stocks Fallby Marie Solis on May 22, 2022 at 11:00 am
The Buffalo shooting video continues to live online. The Fed releases the minutes from its last meeting, and Netflix lays off some workers.
- Lara Logan, Once a Star at CBS News, Is Now One for the Far Rightby Jeremy W. Peters on May 22, 2022 at 9:00 am
The former chief foreign affairs correspondent is now a popular guest on podcasts hosted by vaccine skeptics and deniers of the 2020 election.
- The Rules for Hybrid Work Were Always Made Upby Emma Goldberg on May 22, 2022 at 9:00 am
As more and more workplaces pause or end the expectation of three days a week in the office, a large-scale return may never be on the horizon.
- Invade Haiti, Wall Street Urged. The U.S. Obliged.by Selam Gebrekidan, Matt Apuzzo, Catherine Porter and Constant Méheut on May 21, 2022 at 7:53 pm
The long occupation of Haiti began with a drumbeat from the bank that became Citigroup, decades of diplomatic correspondence and other records show.
- How a French Bank Captured Haitiby Matt Apuzzo, Constant Méheut, Selam Gebrekidan and Catherine Porter on May 21, 2022 at 7:37 pm
It helped finance the Eiffel Tower as it drained millions from Haiti. The bank, C.I.C., won’t talk about it, but The Times tracked how much its investors made — and what Haiti lost.
- What We Learned About TV During Its Biggest Weekby John Koblin and Tiffany Hsu on May 21, 2022 at 5:13 pm
This week’s upfronts, when the media industry sells its programming to advertisers, showed how much has changed in the past few years.
- Comment une banque française a fait main basse sur Haïtiby Matt Apuzzo, Constant Méheut, Selam Gebrekidan and Catherine Porter on May 21, 2022 at 4:03 pm
À la fin du 19e siècle, le Crédit Industriel et Commercial a soutiré des millions à Haïti. Le Times a retracé l’histoire de cette opération — et son coût pour Haïti.
- Envahissez Haïti, exhorte Wall Street. Les États-Unis s’exécutent.by Selam Gebrekidan, Matt Apuzzo, Catherine Porter and Constant Méheut on May 21, 2022 at 4:02 pm
Au début du 20e siècle, les États-Unis occupent Haïti. Derrière cette invasion, des banquiers américains avides de mettre la main sur les finances du pays.
Economy : NPR NPR news on the U.S. and world economy, the World Bank, and Federal Reserve. Commentary on economic trends. Subscribe to NPR Economy podcasts and RSS feeds.
- Inflation has caused the $1 price point at dollar stores to be a rarityby Ayesha Rascoe on May 22, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Ayesha Rascoe talks to discount store shopper Shannon Carr about inflation and how that's affected her spending habits.
- Aspiring home buyers shift expectations in hot housing marketon May 21, 2022 at 9:13 pm
High prices and a low number of homes on the market has been challenge for many Americans hoping to buy. NPR's Sacha Pfeiffer talks with two house hunters about navigating the market.
- Is Homer Simpson still America's economic everyman?on May 21, 2022 at 9:13 pm
When the Simpsons first aired in 1989, the show depicted a typical American middle-class family. NPR's The Indicator from Planet Money investigates whether that remains true in 2022.
- How much will Canada's block on foreign buyers help its housing crisis?on May 21, 2022 at 9:13 pm
The average home price in Canada has skyrocketed to over $800,000. Globe and Mail real estate reporter Rachelle Younglai tells NPR's Sacha Pfeiffer how parliament hopes to address the crisis.
- Stocks are down, home prices are up and inflation continuesby Scott Horsley on May 21, 2022 at 11:57 am
Americans' buying habits are changing as we move into a new phase of the pandemic. Some big retailers are having trouble keeping up, with their stocks taking a beating this week.
- A N.C. cattle farmer describes inflation's impact on his operationsby Scott Simon on May 21, 2022 at 11:57 am
Scott Simon speaks with Tommy Porter, a farmer in North Carolina, about how inflation is affecting the operation of his livestock and poultry farm.
- Biden aims to take on China by boosting economic ties between U.S. and South Koreaby Asma Khalid on May 20, 2022 at 8:49 pm
President Biden wants to counter the economic might of China. He visited a semiconductor plant outside Seoul to kick off a trip aimed at his top foreign policy priority.
- Can the middle class live like the Simpson family? NPR asked; 'The Simpsons' answeredby Paddy Hirsch on May 20, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last year, the Indicator analyzed whether the Simpson family's lifestyle was attainable for the middle class. A writer for The Simpsons listened and decided to answer the question with an episode.
- Rebuilding Ukraine could cost hundreds of billions of dollarsby Mary Louise Kelly on May 20, 2022 at 8:35 pm
NPR's Mary Louise Kelly speaks with Ukrainian economist Yuriy Gorodnichenko about the cost of rebuilding Ukraine after the war.
- California Democrats can't agree on how to use the budget surplus to offset gas costsby Nicole Nixon / CapRadio on May 19, 2022 at 8:45 pm
With an enormous budget surplus, high gas prices and ongoing inflation, Democrats are trying to get money back in the pockets of drivers and voters in California, but can't at all agree on a plan.
LexisNexis Press Releases: General Complete information from non-U.S. LexisNexis locations and other corporate news.
- Lex Machina Announces Updated COVID-19 Tracking Toolson September 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
Menlo Park, CA — Lex Machina, a LexisNexis company, announces updated tracking tools for litigation related to COVID-19, allowing users to gauge and understand the effect of the pandemic. The company has been publishing research on the impacts of COVID-19 on litigation with its COVID-19 Impact Analyzer App (“COVID App”) and blog posts. As activity increases in federal court and more information becomes available, Lex Machina has updated its systems with new tools to track the impacts of COVID-19 on litigation. It has three new tools:
- LexisNexis Introduces Lexis+ Premium Legal Solutionon September 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, today announced the official commercial launch of Lexis+™, a feature-rich, premium legal solution. Lexis+ unites advanced research, practical guidance, brief analysis and enhanced tools with a modern user experience to deliver data-driven insights, greater efficiency and better outcomes.
- LexisNexis Announces Fifth Cohort of Legal Tech Accelerator Participantson September 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, NC — LexisNexis® today announced that ten participants have been selected for its Legal Tech Accelerator program. The program was started to give startups a leg up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. In line with the broad LexisNexis vision to transform the way law is practiced, each of the ten accelerator participants – AiLanthus, Clause Logic, Docket, Don’t Get Mad Get Paid, FastVisa, IPGen, JusticeText, Office and Dragons, PainWorth and People Clerk – is driving innovation in a distinct area of the law.
- LexisNexis Named a Leader by the IDC MarketScape for Enterprise Legal Spend Management and Enterprise Matter Managementon August 10, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, North Carolina – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, provider of a leading cloud-based enterprise legal management solution for corporate legal departments: LexisNexis® CounselLink®, has been named a leader in two IDC MarketScape reports - Worldwide Enterprise Legal Spend Management 2020 Vendor Assessment and Worldwide Enterprise Matter Management 2020 Vendor Assessment.
- LexisNexis Accepting Applicants for Fifth Cohort of Legal Tech Acceleratoron July 30, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, NC – LexisNexis today announced that it is accepting applications for the fifth cohort of the LexisNexis Legal Tech Accelerator. The program is designed to give start-ups a leg-up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. The Accelerator leverages LexisNexis expertise in legal, technology and start-up domains, and industry-leading market position to advise and incubate program participants.
- LexisNexis Named Among Best Companies for Diversity, Leadership and Professional Developmenton July 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK - LexisNexis Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, is proud to announce that CEO Mike Walsh was named one of the top ten 2020 Best CEOs for Diversity by Comparably. Rankings were based solely on anonymous sentiment ratings from employees of color (non-Caucasian) about their chief executive officers. Other tech company CEO honorees included Satya Nadella from Microsoft, Sundar Pichai from Google, and Tim Cook from Apple.
- LexisNexis CounselLink Releases 2020 Enterprise Legal Management Trends Reporton July 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
RALEIGH, N.C., LexisNexis® CounselLink® a leading cloud-based enterprise legal management solution for corporate law departments, today announced the release of its 2020 Enterprise Legal Management Trends Report. Now in its seventh year, the Trends Report is based on more $35 billion in legal spend comprised of almost seven million invoices and more than 1.7 million matters.
- LexisNexis Launches Lexis Product Liability Navigator to Help Practitioners Determine Case Value and Viability While Reducing Risk and Research Timeon June 15, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, today announced the launch of Lexis Product Liability Navigator™ on the Lexis Advance® platform. Lexis Product Liability Navigator is the second in the Navigator franchise, joining the previously released Lexis Medical Navigator®. These purpose-built solutions for complex forms of litigation are uniquely designed to complement the way lawyers and research professionals in these practice areas work and significantly reduce the time it takes them to get the insights and information they need.
- Nexis Newsdesk™ and Nexis Uni® Honored with Best-in-Class SIIA CODiE Awardson June 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK CITY, NY – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, announced today that both Nexis Newsdesk™ and Nexis Uni® have been named 2020 SIIA CODiE™ Award winners. Nexis Newsdesk was honored as Best Content Search & Discovery Solution and Nexis Uni for Best Library Reference or Educational Database.
- LexisNexis Data Shows Overall District Court Case Filings Decreased Slightly And COVID-19 Social Distancing Has Impacted Courtroom Hearings and Trialson June 3, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – As COVID-19 continues to disrupt the legal profession, new findings from LexisNexis® Legal & Professional shed light on how the pandemic has impacted U.S. District Court litigation.