Economic News & Analysis News
PR Newswire: PR Newswire:
- A.R.M. Holding Becomes the First Corporate Patron of Dubai Collectionon August 1, 2021 at 8:00 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- A.R.M. Holding, the private investment firm and multi-focused economic enabler, announced today that 19 artworks from the A.R.M. Holding Art Collection were selected earlier this month to join Dubai Collection. The recently...
- WRLD1 / TVNET enlarges its Finance / Investment Global Business group to 10 networks across the sectors of Global Finance, Fintech, Crypto and World Business Newson August 1, 2021 at 7:59 am
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Nathan Sassover, CEO of WRLD1 /TVNET today announced further development and increased strategic presence with the creation of additional regional and metro center finance /investment news platforms targeting the surging sectors of Fintech,...
- Extraits de la conférence internationale de l'Alzheimer's Association 2021on August 1, 2021 at 6:48 am
DENVER, 1er août 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Les recherches présentées au cours de la conférence internationale de l'Alzheimer Association® (AAIC®) 2021 suggèrent que la COVID-19 est associée à un dysfonctionnement cognitif à long terme et à une accélération de la pathologie et des symptômes de...
- Chinese Giants GAC and Huawei Will Work Together to Develop a Smart SUVon August 1, 2021 at 6:11 am
GUANGZHOU, China, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- On July 9, 2021, GAC Group officially announced an exciting joint project with tech giant Huawei: the two firms will work together to develop a "smart SUV", aiming to hit the market in mass production by the end of 2023. The SUV will be the...
- Acetone Market: Impact and Recovery Report | Evolving Opportunities and New Market Possibilities Post Pandemic| SpendEdgeon August 1, 2021 at 6:00 am
NEW YORK, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- SpendEdge's procurement report on Acetone market identifies INEOS Group Holdings SA, Mitsui & Co. Ltd., Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Compañía Española de Petróleos S.A.U, Altivia, Versalis S.p.A, KUMHO P&B CHEMICALS INC., Honeywell International Inc.,...
- Odoo, the Open Source ERP Leader, Announces $215M New Investment from Summit Partnerson August 1, 2021 at 4:00 am
DUBAI, UAE, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Odoo, a leader in open source all-in-one business software, announced a US$215M investment from growth equity investor Summit Partners. The transaction represents an exit for investors Sofinnova Partners and XAnge who invested in the Company in...
- MissFresh Launches in Ningbo, Adding 17th City as National Expansion Gains Paceon August 1, 2021 at 3:00 am
NINGBO, China, July 31, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- MissFresh Limited ("MissFresh" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: MF), an innovator and leader in China's neighborhood retail industry, has launched its Distributed Mini Warehouse-supported fast home delivery operations in Ningbo, offering a range of...
- TVNET /WRLD1 enlarges its Global News Network Group to 15 networks across the 8 regions of the worldon August 1, 2021 at 1:51 am
SAN FRANCISCO, July 31, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Nathan Sassover, CEO of TVNET/WRLD1 announced further development and increased strategic presence with the creation of additional regional and metro center TV news hubs. This now extends the TVNET APTVE mobile netcast architecture and...
- LG Energy Solution gets ambitious with ESG visionon August 1, 2021 at 12:00 am
LG Energy Solution aims to achieve carbon neutral by 2050; convert to 100% renewable energy in its global business operations by 2030. Leading battery manufacturer boasts efforts to lead sustainable future and declares ESG vision "We CHARGE toward a better future." "ESG management is a...
- SRI Holdings LLC Acquires Parkfield Insulationon July 31, 2021 at 11:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio, July 31, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- SRI Holdings LLC, an installer of insulation, fireplaces, garage doors, gutters, and specialty building products in Georgia and South Carolina, has acquired Parkfield Insulation, a long-time installer of insulation in the Columbus, Ohio Market....
- Can Paramount+ Succeed? One Producer Hopes to Make It So.by Nicole Sperling on August 1, 2021 at 9:00 am
“He’s our future,” one CBS Studios executive said of Alex Kurtzman, who has a lucrative contract to expand the “Star Trek” universe — and with it the streaming service’s audience.
- Murals at San Francisco School Should Stay for Now, Judge Saysby Carol Pogash on August 1, 2021 at 4:23 am
In response to a lawsuit, a judge says an environmental review must take place before any action is taken to remove or hide the Depression-era murals that some consider offensive.
- 'Purge' Movie Shooting: 2 Dead in Random Attack, Officials Sayby Jesus Jiménez on August 1, 2021 at 1:02 am
Anthony Barajas, who was popular on TikTok, and Rylee Goodrich were each shot in the head at a theater in Corona, Calif., in what the district attorney said was an unprovoked attack.
- Home Prices Are Soaring. Is That the Fed’s Problem?by Jeanna Smialek on July 31, 2021 at 9:53 pm
Low interest rates are one reason that the housing market has taken off. They are far from the only one.
- Infrastructure Deal Puts Cryptocurrencies in Washington’s Cross Hairsby Alan Rappeport on July 31, 2021 at 8:36 pm
A provision in the Senate legislation would give the I.R.S. more power to scrutinize a largely unregulated corner of finance.
- Eviction Moratorium Set to Lapse as Biden Aid Effort Faltersby Glenn Thrush, Matthew Goldstein and Conor Dougherty on July 31, 2021 at 8:27 pm
The administration made a last-ditch, failed appeal to extend the moratorium to buy more time for states to distribute rental aid.
- Can Fake Accounts Save the Internet?by John Herrman on July 31, 2021 at 4:26 pm
Reconsidering pseudonymity and what it means to “be yourself” online.
- Vaccinated People May Spread the Virus, Though Rarely, C.D.C. Reportsby Apoorva Mandavilli on July 31, 2021 at 4:23 pm
The agency cited an outbreak in Provincetown, Mass., in which most of the infected were immunized. An internal C.D.C. document paints an even more harrowing picture.
- We Asked Daves About Dave, Marcus and Other First-Name Money Appsby Ron Lieber on July 31, 2021 at 4:07 pm
When’s the last time you went into a bank branch? Maybe it’s time to consider those friendly sounding financial start-ups.
- Vaccine Mandates Gain Steam as Walmart and Disney Require Shotsby Lauren Hirsch on July 31, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Walmart’s mandate applies to office workers and traveling managers but not to store and warehouse employees. Disney said it had begun conversations with unions to expand its requirement.
Economy : NPR NPR news on the U.S. and world economy, the World Bank, and Federal Reserve. Commentary on economic trends. Subscribe to NPR Economy podcasts and RSS feeds.
- Federal Pandemic Aid Has Cut Poverty Dramatically, Study Findson July 31, 2021 at 8:53 pm
A new study finds that temporary pandemic aid programs have caused a significant reduction in poverty in the U.S. NPR's Kelsey Snell speaks with Greg Acs of the Urban Institute about their findings.
- A Lot Of People Blame Baby Boomers For The Housing Shortage, But It's Not So Simpleby Sarah Gonzalez on July 30, 2021 at 9:03 pm
Baby boomers have the biggest share of real estate wealth in the U.S. and aren't selling their homes as they grow old. So some people blame boomers for the housing shortage. But is that really fair?
- New To Investing? Here Are Some Common Mistakes To Avoid And Tips To Followby Chris Arnold on July 30, 2021 at 10:00 am
Investing in a smart way can get you set up for whatever the future may bring. But where to begin? Here are a few tips for those who are just entering the world of investing.
- After Quickly Expanding, The Economy Is Expected To Slowby David Gura on July 29, 2021 at 8:26 pm
The U.S. economy likely grew 8% in the April-June quarter from a year prior, a blistering pace of growth. But the economy is expected to slow as the delta variant and other risks like inflation loom.
- A Texas GOP Bill Would Make It Harder For Nonprofits To Bail People Out Of Jailby Jen Rice, Houston Public Media on July 29, 2021 at 9:09 am
People such as Tonya Galvan and Hervis Rogers, a man accused of voting illegally, would likely be forced to stay behind bars much longer if this Republican bill becomes law.
- Biden Wants To Raise The Threshold For Products Considered Made In Americaby Scott Detrow on July 28, 2021 at 9:00 am
The federal government has to spend tax dollars on products made in America, but purchases qualify for that label with 55% of their materials coming from the U.S. Biden wants to raise that percentage.
- Walmart Offering Full College Tuition And Books For Employeesby Jonathan Franklin on July 27, 2021 at 8:57 pm
As a result, approximately 1.5 million part-time and full-time Walmart and Sam's Club workers in the U.S. will be able to earn college degrees or learn trade skills without the burden of debt.
- The Behavioral Economics Manifesto Gets Revisedby Greg Rosalsky on July 27, 2021 at 10:30 am
We speak with the Nobel Prize-winning founder of behavioral economics about the new — and last — version of his classic book, Nudge.
- Delta Variant Sparks Concerns About What's Next For U.S. Economic Recoveryon July 27, 2021 at 9:07 am
NPR's Noel King talks to Heather Boushey, senior economic adviser to President Biden, about how the pandemic is impeding America's economic recovery, and how vaccinations will help.
- Farmers Have A Big Problem On Their Hands: They Can't Find A Way To Ship Their Stuffby Scott Horsley on July 23, 2021 at 4:37 pm
Cargo ships are unloading containers in the U.S. and immediately shipping them out, empty, to Asia. That's frustrating American farmers and exporters who are struggling to get products overseas.
LexisNexis Press Releases: General Complete information from non-U.S. LexisNexis locations and other corporate news.
- Lex Machina Announces Updated COVID-19 Tracking Toolson September 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
Menlo Park, CA — Lex Machina, a LexisNexis company, announces updated tracking tools for litigation related to COVID-19, allowing users to gauge and understand the effect of the pandemic. The company has been publishing research on the impacts of COVID-19 on litigation with its COVID-19 Impact Analyzer App (“COVID App”) and blog posts. As activity increases in federal court and more information becomes available, Lex Machina has updated its systems with new tools to track the impacts of COVID-19 on litigation. It has three new tools:
- LexisNexis Introduces Lexis+ Premium Legal Solutionon September 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, today announced the official commercial launch of Lexis+™, a feature-rich, premium legal solution. Lexis+ unites advanced research, practical guidance, brief analysis and enhanced tools with a modern user experience to deliver data-driven insights, greater efficiency and better outcomes.
- LexisNexis Announces Fifth Cohort of Legal Tech Accelerator Participantson September 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, NC — LexisNexis® today announced that ten participants have been selected for its Legal Tech Accelerator program. The program was started to give startups a leg up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. In line with the broad LexisNexis vision to transform the way law is practiced, each of the ten accelerator participants – AiLanthus, Clause Logic, Docket, Don’t Get Mad Get Paid, FastVisa, IPGen, JusticeText, Office and Dragons, PainWorth and People Clerk – is driving innovation in a distinct area of the law.
- LexisNexis Named a Leader by the IDC MarketScape for Enterprise Legal Spend Management and Enterprise Matter Managementon August 10, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, North Carolina – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, provider of a leading cloud-based enterprise legal management solution for corporate legal departments: LexisNexis® CounselLink®, has been named a leader in two IDC MarketScape reports - Worldwide Enterprise Legal Spend Management 2020 Vendor Assessment and Worldwide Enterprise Matter Management 2020 Vendor Assessment.
- LexisNexis Accepting Applicants for Fifth Cohort of Legal Tech Acceleratoron July 30, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, NC – LexisNexis today announced that it is accepting applications for the fifth cohort of the LexisNexis Legal Tech Accelerator. The program is designed to give start-ups a leg-up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. The Accelerator leverages LexisNexis expertise in legal, technology and start-up domains, and industry-leading market position to advise and incubate program participants.
- LexisNexis Named Among Best Companies for Diversity, Leadership and Professional Developmenton July 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK - LexisNexis Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, is proud to announce that CEO Mike Walsh was named one of the top ten 2020 Best CEOs for Diversity by Comparably. Rankings were based solely on anonymous sentiment ratings from employees of color (non-Caucasian) about their chief executive officers. Other tech company CEO honorees included Satya Nadella from Microsoft, Sundar Pichai from Google, and Tim Cook from Apple.
- LexisNexis CounselLink Releases 2020 Enterprise Legal Management Trends Reporton July 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
RALEIGH, N.C., LexisNexis® CounselLink® a leading cloud-based enterprise legal management solution for corporate law departments, today announced the release of its 2020 Enterprise Legal Management Trends Report. Now in its seventh year, the Trends Report is based on more $35 billion in legal spend comprised of almost seven million invoices and more than 1.7 million matters.
- LexisNexis Launches Lexis Product Liability Navigator to Help Practitioners Determine Case Value and Viability While Reducing Risk and Research Timeon June 15, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, today announced the launch of Lexis Product Liability Navigator™ on the Lexis Advance® platform. Lexis Product Liability Navigator is the second in the Navigator franchise, joining the previously released Lexis Medical Navigator®. These purpose-built solutions for complex forms of litigation are uniquely designed to complement the way lawyers and research professionals in these practice areas work and significantly reduce the time it takes them to get the insights and information they need.
- Nexis Newsdesk™ and Nexis Uni® Honored with Best-in-Class SIIA CODiE Awardson June 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK CITY, NY – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, announced today that both Nexis Newsdesk™ and Nexis Uni® have been named 2020 SIIA CODiE™ Award winners. Nexis Newsdesk was honored as Best Content Search & Discovery Solution and Nexis Uni for Best Library Reference or Educational Database.
- LexisNexis Data Shows Overall District Court Case Filings Decreased Slightly And COVID-19 Social Distancing Has Impacted Courtroom Hearings and Trialson June 3, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – As COVID-19 continues to disrupt the legal profession, new findings from LexisNexis® Legal & Professional shed light on how the pandemic has impacted U.S. District Court litigation.