Economic News & Analysis News
PR Newswire: PR Newswire:
- Gordian Capital Chooses SS&C to Support Leading Alternatives Platformon October 25, 2021 at 1:00 am
WINDSOR, Conn., Oct. 24, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: SSNC) today announced Gordian Capital, Asia's leading institutional fund management platform, with AUM USD7bn, has expanded its relationship with SS&C in Singapore and Japan. The platform, which...
- HCmed Reaches Milestone in Immunoglobin Combination Product Development with CSL Behringon October 25, 2021 at 1:00 am
TAIPEI, Oct. 24, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- HCmed Innovations (HCmed), a Taiwanese company that focuses on the development of vibrating mesh nebulizers, today announced the successful completion of the first developmental milestone for the collaboration agreement with CSL Behring. Earlier this...
- H3 Dynamics Launches World's Most Advanced Drone Charging Station, Targets Automation of the Global Drone Services Industryon October 25, 2021 at 1:00 am
Agnostic to drone hardware & software, DBX opens to aerial analytics from around the world UTM-ready & 5G-enabled, DBX is the first real step towards larger UAM vertiports of the future SINGAPORE and PARIS and AUSTIN, Oct. 24, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- H3 Dynamics announces the launch of...
- Hawaiian Airlines Resumes Nonstop Sydney-Honolulu Serviceon October 25, 2021 at 12:15 am
HONOLULU, Oct. 24, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Hawaiian Airlines today confirmed it will resume its five-times-weekly service between Australia's Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) and Honolulu's Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), beginning Dec. 13. Hawaiian, which suspended the...
- The House of Suntory Whisky presenta Yamazaki® 55 Years Old™on October 24, 2021 at 11:01 pm
- The House of Suntory Whisky presenta Yamazaki® 55 Years Old™ a la industria mundial de venta al por menor en viajes CHICAGO, 24 de octubre de 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The House of Suntory ha presentado hoy una cantidad extremadamente limitada del whisky Yamazaki 55 de edición muy limitada...
- The House of Suntory presenta a Yamazaki® 55 Years Old™ al comercio minorista de viajes internacionaleson October 24, 2021 at 11:01 pm
CHICAGO, 24 de octubre de 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The House of Suntory presentó hoy una cantidad sumamente reducida del whisky Yamazaki 55 de edición muy limitada al comercio minorista de viajes internacionales, disponible a un precio de venta recomendado de USD 60.000. Embotellado en 2020,...
- La House of Suntory Whisky présente Yamazaki® 55 Years Old™ au Global Travel Retailon October 24, 2021 at 11:01 pm
CHICAGO, 24 octobre 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- La House of Suntory a introduit aujourd'hui une quantité extrêmement limitée du whisky Yamazaki 55 en édition très limitée au Global Travel Retail, disponible au prix de détail recommandé de 60 000 USD. Mis en bouteille en 2020, Yamazaki 55 est la...
- House of Suntory Whisky führt Yamazaki® 55 Jahre Old™ im weltweiten Reiseeinzelhandel einon October 24, 2021 at 11:01 pm
CHICAGO, 24. Oktober 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Das House of Suntory hat heute eine extrem begrenzte Stückzahl des stark limitierten Yamazaki 55-Whiskys für den weltweiten Reiseeinzelhandel zur Verfügung gestellt. Er ist zu einem empfohlenen Verkaufspreis von 60.000 USD erhältlich. Der Yamazaki...
- House of Suntory Whisky apresenta Yamazaki® 55 Years Old™ à Global Travel Retailon October 24, 2021 at 11:01 pm
CHICAGO, 24 de outubro de 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- A House of Suntory apresentou hoje à Global Travel Retail uma quantidade extremamente limitada da edição altamente limitada do uísque Yamazaki 55, disponível a um preço sugerido de varejo de 60 mil dólares. Engarrafado em 2020, o Yamazaki 55...
- The House of Suntory Whisky Introduces Yamazaki® 55 Years Old™ to Global Travel Retailon October 24, 2021 at 11:01 pm
CHICAGO, Oct. 24, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The House of Suntory has today introduced an extremely limited quantity of the highly limited-edition Yamazaki 55 whisky to Global Travel Retail, available at a recommended retail price of $60,000 USD. Bottled in 2020, Yamazaki 55 is the House of...
- How Frances Haugen Became a Power Player in the Facebook Leaksby Ben Smith on October 25, 2021 at 12:55 am
In a time of mega-leaks, journalists’ sources have become power players. Frances Haugen, the former Facebook product manager who shared company documents, led a meticulous media rollout.
- Inside Amazon’s Worst Human Resources Problemby Jodi Kantor, Karen Weise and Grace Ashford on October 24, 2021 at 10:41 pm
A knot of problems with Amazon’s system for handling paid and unpaid leaves has led to devastating consequences for workers.
- F.D.A. Says Pfizer Vaccine’s Benefits Outweigh Key Risks in Children 5 to 11by Sharon LaFraniere and Noah Weiland on October 24, 2021 at 6:47 pm
The findings could add momentum for F.D.A. authorization of the pediatric dose, perhaps as early as next week, a long-awaited development that would affect 28 million children.
- The Week in Business: A Consumer Internet Dealby Sarah Kessler on October 24, 2021 at 11:00 am
The Fed unveiling sweeping changes to its ethics practices. The government approved more coronavirus vaccine booster shots and is set to decide on vaccines for children 5 to 11.
- I Was Hacked. The Spyware Used Against Me Makes Us All Vulnerable.by Ben Hubbard on October 24, 2021 at 9:00 am
Invasive hacking software sold to countries to fight terrorism is easily abused. Researchers say my phone was hacked twice, probably by Saudi Arabia.
- Cybersecurity Firm Pull Off a Rare Ransomware Winby Nicole Perlroth on October 24, 2021 at 9:00 am
A team of private security sleuths, in their first public detailing of their efforts, discuss how they used cybercriminals’ mistakes to quietly help victims recover their data.
- In India, Facebook Struggles to Combat Misinformation and Hate Speechby Sheera Frenkel and Davey Alba on October 24, 2021 at 3:49 am
Internal documents show a struggle with misinformation, hate speech and celebrations of violence in the country, the company’s biggest market.
- Facebook Papers Show Employees Raised Concerns About Misinformationby Ryan Mac and Sheera Frenkel on October 23, 2021 at 7:51 pm
Company documents show that the social network’s employees repeatedly raised red flags about the spread of misinformation and conspiracies before and after the contested November vote.
- Chuck Bundrant, Pacific Fisheries’ ‘Henry Ford,’ Dies at 79by Clay Risen on October 23, 2021 at 6:27 pm
In 1961 he arrived in Seattle with no job, no skills and $80. Over the next 60 years, he built a seafood empire and transformed the industry.
- Alan Lapidus, Architect of Hotels and Casinos, Dies at 85by Sam Roberts on October 23, 2021 at 1:02 pm
He followed in the footsteps of his architect father, Morris, with glitzy landmarks in Times Square, Las Vegas and Atlantic City, where Donald Trump was a client.
Economy : NPR NPR news on the U.S. and world economy, the World Bank, and Federal Reserve. Commentary on economic trends. Subscribe to NPR Economy podcasts and RSS feeds.
- Tracking bank account information could help curb tax evasion, but there's pushbackby Scott Horsley on October 22, 2021 at 8:15 pm
The Biden administration hopes to help fund its agenda by cracking down on tax evasion, spotting cheats using account information from banks. It's drawing opposition from GOP lawmakers and banks.
- They didn't pay rent and stole the fridge. Pandemic spawns nightmare tenantsby Chris Arnold on October 22, 2021 at 9:08 am
Some landlords got hurt by tenants who took advantage of eviction bans during the pandemic. Now they can't get any help from a massive $47 billion federal rental assistance program.
- Boo! Where are the Halloween costumes?by Danielle Prieur on October 21, 2021 at 8:56 pm
Add Halloween costumes to the list of items that are hard to find this year. Parents are scrambling and coming up with creative ideas to try to get their families decked out for the spooky day.
- Why people have been quitting their jobs in record numbers recentlyby Jonaki Mehta on October 21, 2021 at 8:43 pm
A record 4.3 million workers in America quit their jobs in August. Some share their stories and an economist explains what this means for the U.S. economy.
- The Federal Reserve imposes new restrictions on investments after trading controversyby Scott Horsley on October 21, 2021 at 8:37 pm
The Federal Reserve is adopting new restrictions on investments after active trading last year by two regional Fed bank presidents drew criticism.
- How the housing crisis collides with public healthby Selena Simmons-Duffin on October 20, 2021 at 8:08 pm
Did the eviction moratorium work to slow COVID? When people can't afford rent, they often end up in closer quarters. During a pandemic, that increases the risk of viral transmission.
- Why people in Houston struggle to pay bills more than people in other major citiesby Sara Ernst on October 20, 2021 at 9:11 am
Paying bills during the pandemic can be difficult. A survey by NPR, Harvard and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation found of the four largest U.S. cities, Houston feels the crunch the worst.
- Jackson, the capital of Mississippi, is a city with 2 identities — that often clashby Stephan Bisaha on October 19, 2021 at 9:36 pm
Jackson, Miss., is a city with two identities. There's the part which is more than 80% Black, led by a mayor who wants to make it "the most radical city on the planet." Then there's the state capital.
- Dollar stores have boomed during the pandemic, which concerns some communitiesby Sarah McCammon on October 19, 2021 at 9:19 pm
NPR's Sarah McCammon talks with Brian Vines, a reporter for Consumer Reports, about the current popularity in dollar stores and why it has some communities worried.
- Black and Latino families are bearing the weight of the pandemic's economic tollby Laurel Wamsley on October 19, 2021 at 8:39 pm
Even with government assistance and other efforts, more than 55% of Black and Latino households reported serious financial problems, compared with 29% of white households.
LexisNexis Press Releases: General Complete information from non-U.S. LexisNexis locations and other corporate news.
- Lex Machina Announces Updated COVID-19 Tracking Toolson September 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
Menlo Park, CA — Lex Machina, a LexisNexis company, announces updated tracking tools for litigation related to COVID-19, allowing users to gauge and understand the effect of the pandemic. The company has been publishing research on the impacts of COVID-19 on litigation with its COVID-19 Impact Analyzer App (“COVID App”) and blog posts. As activity increases in federal court and more information becomes available, Lex Machina has updated its systems with new tools to track the impacts of COVID-19 on litigation. It has three new tools:
- LexisNexis Introduces Lexis+ Premium Legal Solutionon September 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, today announced the official commercial launch of Lexis+™, a feature-rich, premium legal solution. Lexis+ unites advanced research, practical guidance, brief analysis and enhanced tools with a modern user experience to deliver data-driven insights, greater efficiency and better outcomes.
- LexisNexis Announces Fifth Cohort of Legal Tech Accelerator Participantson September 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, NC — LexisNexis® today announced that ten participants have been selected for its Legal Tech Accelerator program. The program was started to give startups a leg up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. In line with the broad LexisNexis vision to transform the way law is practiced, each of the ten accelerator participants – AiLanthus, Clause Logic, Docket, Don’t Get Mad Get Paid, FastVisa, IPGen, JusticeText, Office and Dragons, PainWorth and People Clerk – is driving innovation in a distinct area of the law.
- LexisNexis Named a Leader by the IDC MarketScape for Enterprise Legal Spend Management and Enterprise Matter Managementon August 10, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, North Carolina – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, provider of a leading cloud-based enterprise legal management solution for corporate legal departments: LexisNexis® CounselLink®, has been named a leader in two IDC MarketScape reports - Worldwide Enterprise Legal Spend Management 2020 Vendor Assessment and Worldwide Enterprise Matter Management 2020 Vendor Assessment.
- LexisNexis Accepting Applicants for Fifth Cohort of Legal Tech Acceleratoron July 30, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, NC – LexisNexis today announced that it is accepting applications for the fifth cohort of the LexisNexis Legal Tech Accelerator. The program is designed to give start-ups a leg-up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. The Accelerator leverages LexisNexis expertise in legal, technology and start-up domains, and industry-leading market position to advise and incubate program participants.
- LexisNexis Named Among Best Companies for Diversity, Leadership and Professional Developmenton July 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK - LexisNexis Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, is proud to announce that CEO Mike Walsh was named one of the top ten 2020 Best CEOs for Diversity by Comparably. Rankings were based solely on anonymous sentiment ratings from employees of color (non-Caucasian) about their chief executive officers. Other tech company CEO honorees included Satya Nadella from Microsoft, Sundar Pichai from Google, and Tim Cook from Apple.
- LexisNexis CounselLink Releases 2020 Enterprise Legal Management Trends Reporton July 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
RALEIGH, N.C., LexisNexis® CounselLink® a leading cloud-based enterprise legal management solution for corporate law departments, today announced the release of its 2020 Enterprise Legal Management Trends Report. Now in its seventh year, the Trends Report is based on more $35 billion in legal spend comprised of almost seven million invoices and more than 1.7 million matters.
- LexisNexis Launches Lexis Product Liability Navigator to Help Practitioners Determine Case Value and Viability While Reducing Risk and Research Timeon June 15, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, today announced the launch of Lexis Product Liability Navigator™ on the Lexis Advance® platform. Lexis Product Liability Navigator is the second in the Navigator franchise, joining the previously released Lexis Medical Navigator®. These purpose-built solutions for complex forms of litigation are uniquely designed to complement the way lawyers and research professionals in these practice areas work and significantly reduce the time it takes them to get the insights and information they need.
- Nexis Newsdesk™ and Nexis Uni® Honored with Best-in-Class SIIA CODiE Awardson June 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK CITY, NY – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, announced today that both Nexis Newsdesk™ and Nexis Uni® have been named 2020 SIIA CODiE™ Award winners. Nexis Newsdesk was honored as Best Content Search & Discovery Solution and Nexis Uni for Best Library Reference or Educational Database.
- LexisNexis Data Shows Overall District Court Case Filings Decreased Slightly And COVID-19 Social Distancing Has Impacted Courtroom Hearings and Trialson June 3, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – As COVID-19 continues to disrupt the legal profession, new findings from LexisNexis® Legal & Professional shed light on how the pandemic has impacted U.S. District Court litigation.