Economic News & Analysis News
PR Newswire: PR Newswire:
- UK Gambler Stands To Win £7m After Betting £5m On Anthony Joshua To Beat Tyson Furyon May 16, 2021 at 12:33 pm
LONDON, May 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- British online betting company AVABET has taken on one of, if not the largest boxing wagers in history. The anonymous gambler has bet £5m at odds of 7/5 on Anthony Joshua to be victorious in the heavyweight clash against Tyson Fury in Saudi Arabia this...
- Arqit announces BT contract and plan to create 2000 jobson May 16, 2021 at 12:15 pm
NEW YORK and LONDON, May 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Arqit, a British company established in 2017, has announced the launch of a new quantum cybersecurity platform designed to solve current and future threats to the security of internet communications. The platform, QuantumCloud™, uses...
- Late-Breaking Data at ACC.21 Show XARELTO® (rivaroxaban) Plus Aspirin Significantly Reduced Total Ischemic Events in Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) Patients After Lower-Extremity Revascularizationon May 16, 2021 at 12:01 pm
RARITAN, N.J., May 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson today presented new data from the Phase 3 VOYAGER PAD study which showed XARELTO® (rivaroxaban) (2.5 mg twice daily) in combination with aspirin (100 mg once daily) consistently reduced...
- Phoenix Contact forges ahead with corporate action to protect the climate: Component and solution portfolio for the climate and energy revolution, and entry into the "Foundation 2°" corporate allianceon May 16, 2021 at 11:00 am
BLOMBERG, Germany, May 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Phoenix Contact has assumed the responsibility to act now to prevent global warming and to drive forward the energy revolution. To this end, the corporate strategy is based on the principle of the "All Electric Society" – the vision that...
- North Park University Holds In-Person Outdoor Diploma Ceremony and Virtual Commencementon May 16, 2021 at 10:57 am
CHICAGO, May 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrating the achievements of the 2021 graduating class and year-long efforts to provide a safe living and learning environment, North Park University's (North Park) commencements culminated at an in-person outdoor diploma presentation ceremony....
- The AHRF Announces a Full-Ride Tech Scholarship from V Schoolon May 16, 2021 at 10:00 am
DECATUR, Ill., May 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Apartment Housing and Rentals Foundation (AHRF) The Apartment Lady is delighted to announce that the Foundation has partnered with V School to provide the community an opportunity for a 100% paid full ride scholarship to launch someone's...
- Clark Atlanta University Receives $3 Million From Tucker, GA Based Business For New Entrepreneurial Centeron May 16, 2021 at 7:47 am
ATLANTA, May 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- In addition to Clark Atlanta University graduates receiving their degrees on Saturday, May 15th, they were also the first to hear the announcement of a $3 million gift to the university to fund entrepreneurial programming. CAU President, Dr. George T....
- ROSEN, A LEADING LAW FIRM, Encourages Verus International, Inc. Investors with Losses Exceeding $100K to Secure Counsel Before Important June 22 Deadline in Securities Class Action - VRUSon May 16, 2021 at 4:41 am
NEW YORK, May 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- WHY: Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, reminds purchasers of the securities of Verus International, Inc. (OTC: VRUS) between June 17, 2019 through October 8, 2020, inclusive (the "Class Period"), of the important June 22, 2021 lead...
- Clark Atlanta University Partners With the National Coalition on Black Civic Participation (NCBCP) To Launch $1 Million Partnership At CAU To Establish The NCBCP Thomas W. Dortch, Jr. Southern Civic Engagement, Leadership & Social Justice Institute And Southern Regional Officeon May 16, 2021 at 4:40 am
ATLANTA, May 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, the National Coalition on Black Civic Participation (NCBCP) announced its new partnership with Clark Atlanta University (CAU) during the 2021 CAU Commencement Convocation-to establish the NCBCP Thomas W. Dortch, Jr. Southern Civic Engagement,...
- INVESTOR REMINDER: Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check, LLP Alerts Shareholders of Securities Class Action Lawsuit Against Ebang International Holdings Inc. - EBONon May 15, 2021 at 9:25 pm
RADNOR, Pa., May 15, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The law firm of Kessler Topaz Meltzer & Check, LLP reminds Ebang International Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: EBON) ("Ebang") investors that a securities fraud class action lawsuit has been filed against Ebang on behalf of those who purchased or acquired...
- Unemployment Job Search Requirements Return. Is It Too Soon?by Sydney Ember on May 16, 2021 at 3:25 pm
The requirement, eased because of the pandemic, is being reimposed. Some say it presents an undue hardship.
- The Week in Business: A Ransom for Fuelby Charlotte Cowles on May 16, 2021 at 11:00 am
Hackers extorted nearly $5 million after disrupting a major U.S. pipeline.
- Colonial Pipeline Hack Reveals Weaknesses in US Cybersecurityby David E. Sanger and Nicole Perlroth on May 16, 2021 at 2:45 am
The hack underscored how vulnerable government and industry are to even basic assaults on computer networks.
- Bob Koester, Revered Figure in Jazz and Blues, Dies at 88by Neil Genzlinger on May 16, 2021 at 12:10 am
Mr. Koester’s Delmark Records and his Chicago record store were vital in preserving and promoting music the big labels tended to overlook.
- Why the C.D.C. Changed Its Mask Guidanceby Apoorva Mandavilli on May 15, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Two scientific findings altered the calculus: Vaccinated people rarely transmit the virus, and the shots are effective against variants.
- What TikTok Stars Owe ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’by John Koblin on May 15, 2021 at 10:18 pm
The comedian is ending her daytime talk show after 19 years. Her segment “Ellen’s Wonderful Web of Wonderment” was the start of a new kind of fame.
- Leigh Perkins, Who Built Orvis Into a Lifestyle Brand, Dies at 93by Brian Gallagher on May 15, 2021 at 7:59 pm
In 28 years at the company’s helm, he turned a small mail-order fishing tackle shop into a sporting brand with stores all over the country.
- What Do New Mask Rules Mean for Company Vaccine Mandates?by Lauren Hirsch on May 15, 2021 at 7:06 pm
The rules for keeping workers safe can be difficult to navigate.
- Starbucks and Other Businesses Relax Mask Policiesby Lauren Hirsch on May 15, 2021 at 7:03 pm
The new C.D.C. rules caught businesses by surprise, but in a matter of days, some moved to change their requirements.
- Why Vaccinating the World Against Covid-19 Will Be Hardby Peter S. Goodman, Apoorva Mandavilli, Rebecca Robbins and Matina Stevis-Gridneff on May 15, 2021 at 5:56 pm
When President Biden joined a push to set aside patents for Covid shots, he entered a roiling debate over how to ensure poor countries get enough vaccine.
Economy : NPR NPR news on the U.S. and world economy, the World Bank, and Federal Reserve. Commentary on economic trends. Subscribe to NPR Economy podcasts and RSS feeds.
- Pipeline Panic Recalls Perils Of Gas Lines For Past Presidentsby Ron Elving on May 16, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Some Americans actually remember the gas lines of the 1970s and how they contributed to the downfall of two presidents. And if you don't, you've at least heard the stories and seen the pictures.
- Inflation, Gas Shortage Highlight Peril That Could Threaten Biden's Agendaby Domenico Montanaro on May 15, 2021 at 11:01 am
Americans continue to say they approve of how the president is handling the coronavirus pandemic, but he may be running into speed bumps because of inflation and other issues.
- Judge Puts Hold On Ruling That Could Result In Millions Of Families Getting Evictedby Chris Arnold on May 14, 2021 at 8:18 pm
A federal judge that threw out an eviction moratorium by the CDC has now put the ruling on holding pending appeal. The fate of many of the 7 million households behind on rent hangs in the balance.
- Americans Dialed Back On Retail Therapy — And Spent More Eating Their Feelingsby David Gura on May 14, 2021 at 2:42 pm
Retail sales were flat in April from a month earlier as Americans spent less on things such as clothes or sporting goods but increased their spending at bars and restaurants.
- More Cities Are Handing People Cash With No Strings Attached. Here's Whyby Lily Jamali on May 14, 2021 at 12:03 pm
Nearly two dozen American cities have signed on to pilot programs that offer basic incomes to low-income residents.
- Consumer Prices Jump 4.2% In April, Biggest Increase Since Financial Crisis In 2008by David Gura on May 12, 2021 at 8:45 pm
Inflation accelerated in April. Companies have been forced into raising prices for everything from cars to cereals amid a shortage of critical materials like lumber.
- The Skinny Jean's Fall From Graceby Stacey Vanek Smith on May 12, 2021 at 8:09 pm
Skinny jeans dominated the jeans market for nearly two decades. Now they make up about 33% of jeans sales. The Indicator from Planet Money investigates the possible demise of the skinny jean.
- No, You Are Not Imagining It. Prices For A Lot Of Things Did Jump In Aprilby David Gura on May 12, 2021 at 12:30 pm
Prices for a range of goods from used cars to bacon surged last month, pushing consumer inflation to 4.2% in April, the highest since September 2008.
- News Brief: Israeli-Palestinian Violence, Vote On Liz Cheney, Inflation Databy Noel King on May 12, 2021 at 9:08 am
Violence between Israelis and Palestinians stoke fears of war. House Republicans will vote on whether to remove Liz Cheney from her leadership post. Economists monitor data for signs of inflation.
- It Appears Inflation Is Making A Comebackby Rachel Martin on May 12, 2021 at 9:08 am
The latest data will likely show prices for everything from cereals to cars have risen as shortages of critical materials like lumber force companies to raise prices.
LexisNexis Press Releases: General Complete information from non-U.S. LexisNexis locations and other corporate news.
- Lex Machina Announces Updated COVID-19 Tracking Toolson September 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
Menlo Park, CA — Lex Machina, a LexisNexis company, announces updated tracking tools for litigation related to COVID-19, allowing users to gauge and understand the effect of the pandemic. The company has been publishing research on the impacts of COVID-19 on litigation with its COVID-19 Impact Analyzer App (“COVID App”) and blog posts. As activity increases in federal court and more information becomes available, Lex Machina has updated its systems with new tools to track the impacts of COVID-19 on litigation. It has three new tools:
- LexisNexis Introduces Lexis+ Premium Legal Solutionon September 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, today announced the official commercial launch of Lexis+™, a feature-rich, premium legal solution. Lexis+ unites advanced research, practical guidance, brief analysis and enhanced tools with a modern user experience to deliver data-driven insights, greater efficiency and better outcomes.
- LexisNexis Announces Fifth Cohort of Legal Tech Accelerator Participantson September 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, NC — LexisNexis® today announced that ten participants have been selected for its Legal Tech Accelerator program. The program was started to give startups a leg up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. In line with the broad LexisNexis vision to transform the way law is practiced, each of the ten accelerator participants – AiLanthus, Clause Logic, Docket, Don’t Get Mad Get Paid, FastVisa, IPGen, JusticeText, Office and Dragons, PainWorth and People Clerk – is driving innovation in a distinct area of the law.
- LexisNexis Named a Leader by the IDC MarketScape for Enterprise Legal Spend Management and Enterprise Matter Managementon August 10, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, North Carolina – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, provider of a leading cloud-based enterprise legal management solution for corporate legal departments: LexisNexis® CounselLink®, has been named a leader in two IDC MarketScape reports - Worldwide Enterprise Legal Spend Management 2020 Vendor Assessment and Worldwide Enterprise Matter Management 2020 Vendor Assessment.
- LexisNexis Accepting Applicants for Fifth Cohort of Legal Tech Acceleratoron July 30, 2020 at 12:00 am
Raleigh, NC – LexisNexis today announced that it is accepting applications for the fifth cohort of the LexisNexis Legal Tech Accelerator. The program is designed to give start-ups a leg-up in the rapidly expanding legal tech industry. The Accelerator leverages LexisNexis expertise in legal, technology and start-up domains, and industry-leading market position to advise and incubate program participants.
- LexisNexis Named Among Best Companies for Diversity, Leadership and Professional Developmenton July 23, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK - LexisNexis Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, is proud to announce that CEO Mike Walsh was named one of the top ten 2020 Best CEOs for Diversity by Comparably. Rankings were based solely on anonymous sentiment ratings from employees of color (non-Caucasian) about their chief executive officers. Other tech company CEO honorees included Satya Nadella from Microsoft, Sundar Pichai from Google, and Tim Cook from Apple.
- LexisNexis CounselLink Releases 2020 Enterprise Legal Management Trends Reporton July 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
RALEIGH, N.C., LexisNexis® CounselLink® a leading cloud-based enterprise legal management solution for corporate law departments, today announced the release of its 2020 Enterprise Legal Management Trends Report. Now in its seventh year, the Trends Report is based on more $35 billion in legal spend comprised of almost seven million invoices and more than 1.7 million matters.
- LexisNexis Launches Lexis Product Liability Navigator to Help Practitioners Determine Case Value and Viability While Reducing Risk and Research Timeon June 15, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, today announced the launch of Lexis Product Liability Navigator™ on the Lexis Advance® platform. Lexis Product Liability Navigator is the second in the Navigator franchise, joining the previously released Lexis Medical Navigator®. These purpose-built solutions for complex forms of litigation are uniquely designed to complement the way lawyers and research professionals in these practice areas work and significantly reduce the time it takes them to get the insights and information they need.
- Nexis Newsdesk™ and Nexis Uni® Honored with Best-in-Class SIIA CODiE Awardson June 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK CITY, NY – LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, announced today that both Nexis Newsdesk™ and Nexis Uni® have been named 2020 SIIA CODiE™ Award winners. Nexis Newsdesk was honored as Best Content Search & Discovery Solution and Nexis Uni for Best Library Reference or Educational Database.
- LexisNexis Data Shows Overall District Court Case Filings Decreased Slightly And COVID-19 Social Distancing Has Impacted Courtroom Hearings and Trialson June 3, 2020 at 12:00 am
NEW YORK – As COVID-19 continues to disrupt the legal profession, new findings from LexisNexis® Legal & Professional shed light on how the pandemic has impacted U.S. District Court litigation.