Logistics & Transportation News - Logistics & Transportation News Headlines | Bizjournals.com Logistics & Transportation news
- Weekend Wheels: Hyundai Santa Fe settles into niche between compact and midsizeby Cathy Luebke on July 31, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Just three years after a full redesign, there are a host of changes for Hyundai's 2021 Santa Fe, which go well beyond a typical midcycle refresh. Here's what our reviewer thinks.
- Guest commentary: Finish the VTA system!by Rod Diridon, Sr. on July 30, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Forty-five years ago, transportation experts mapped out a robust light rail system for Santa Clara Valley. Rod Diridon Sr. says it’s time to finish the job.
- United Airlines plans to lay off 454 catering employees at DIAby Jensen Werley on July 30, 2021 at 9:08 pm
The airline is transitioning to a third-party supplier and said it is confident many of the laid-off employees will be hired by that company.
- Bridge update: Hernando de Soto Bridge to reopen sooner than expected, per TDOTby Jason Bolton on July 30, 2021 at 8:45 pm
TDOT posted photos of the eastbound cleanup and a snooper truck painting the westbound side of the bridge. This afternoon, TDOT posted a Twitter update: "Things are looking good in #Memphis."
- JAA board to consider funding for Concourse B terminal projectby Will Brown on July 30, 2021 at 5:32 pm
The Jacksonville Aviation Authority is $11.35 million ahead of its projected budget for the first nine months of this fiscal year.
- Startup Zūm wins major school district's $150M transportation contractby Kevin Truong on July 30, 2021 at 3:00 pm
As San Francisco students gear up for their first day of school this fall after a year of distance learning, many will have a new option for getting to and from their classrooms. That’s because of a $150 million contract awarded to Redwood City-based transportation Zūm to handle all of San Francisco Unified School District’s transportation needs, including the school bus system. The startup takes over the contract from First Student, one of the largest student transportation companies in the…
- Transit-oriented developments are springing up near Menlo Park’s Caltrain station — here's a look at five of themby Matthew Niksa on July 30, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Here's a look at Menlo Park's Springline project and others in various stages of development near its Caltrain station.
- Editor's notebook: Penny sales tax holds key to better transportation infrastructureby Cindy Barth on July 30, 2021 at 1:57 pm
The region must focus on increasing service for existing bus routes versus adding new ones. And that depends on funding.
- Why Charlotte-Atlanta high-speed rail costs are expected to increase in next planning phaseby Erik Spanberg on July 30, 2021 at 1:52 pm
This month, state and federal transportation administrators disclosed their recommended 270-mile route for a high-speed train between Charlotte and Atlanta. The report included cost estimates of $6.2 billion to $8.4 billion, but those figures are nearly a decade old and will be revised when funding is in place for more detailed analysis of the project.
- EY winner Emerge brings high-tech approach to freight procurementby Lisa Wirthman, special to Denver Business Journal on July 30, 2021 at 12:38 pm
Editor's note: This feature is part of the special report surrounding EY's 2021 Entrepreneur of the year awards. Click here to read the entire report. Andrew Leto, who started his first company when he was just 22 years old, says he has been an entrepreneur for as long as he can remember. Five years of service in the U.S. Navy offered insights into logistics and leadership — and plentiful opportunities for Leto to self-educate on how to be an entrepreneur while he was at sea for six months at…
PR Newswire: PR Newswire:
- 75 years of proud aviationon August 1, 2021 at 2:54 pm
STOCKHOLM, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, August 01, marks the founding of SAS 75 years ago and we have been the proud carrier of travelers to, from and within Scandinavia during all these years. Scandinavia would not be the same today without a strong Scandinavian airline, and we...
- EVIDENCE OF UNIDENTIFIED AERIAL PHENOMENON (UAP): First Scientifically Authenticated Documentation of Images Releasedon August 1, 2021 at 1:37 pm
SANTA FE, N.M., Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Last month, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) released a preliminary report on possible threats posed by UFOs, now known as unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), and the progress the Department of Defense Unidentified...
- Antengene Announces the Approval of First-in-Class Oral XPO1 Inhibitor Selinexor in South Korea for the Treatment of Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma and Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphomaon August 1, 2021 at 1:17 pm
SEOUL, South Korea and SHANGHAI and HONG KONG, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Antengene Corporation Limited ("Antengene", SEHK: 6996.HK), a leading innovative biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering, developing and commercializing global first-in-class and/or best-in-class...
- 1170.48% Retail Subscription Coverage for Tanmiah IPOon August 1, 2021 at 12:58 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Saudi Fransi Capital, the Financial Advisor, Lead Manager, Bookrunner and Underwriter for the Initial Public Offering ("IPO") of Tanmiah Food Company ("Tanmiah" or the "Company") has announced the end of the public subscription period for...
- NRL to hold media availabilities at Sea-Air-Space 2021on August 1, 2021 at 12:57 pm
WASHINGTON, July 31, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- U.S. Naval Research Laboratory's scientists and engineers will be available Aug. 2-4 to discuss their cutting-edge research and advances in technology during the Navy League's Global Maritime Exposition Sea-Air-Space in exhibit booth #302 and...
- St. Vincent Nurses to Resume Talks with Dallas-Based Tenet Healthcare Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 2 & 3 -- As the Strike Will Reach 148 Dayson August 1, 2021 at 12:29 pm
WORECESTER, Mass., Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- A federal has mediator scheduled the next round of talks between the striking nurses of St. Vincent Hospital and the management of Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare, in the hopes that the parties can reach an agreement that finally includes the...
- Dr. Gerry Catapang, A Doctor Of Physical Therapy, Introduces A New Viral Two Minute Exercise For Low Back Painon August 1, 2021 at 12:08 pm
ST. LOUIS, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Life can be miserable when it's painful just to get out of bed in the morning because of a low back pain. It can be so frustrating when your low back pain is so excruciating by just trying to take a step or two. It's horrible, especially for...
- OLYMPISCHE SPIELE TOKIO 2020 - Vielseitigkeit Tag 1on August 1, 2021 at 10:29 am
TOKIO, 1. August 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Die Briten übernehmen früh die Führung in der Dressurphase- von Louise Parkes. Der Weltranglistenerste Oliver Townend bescherte dem britischen Team den bestmöglichen Start, als er zum Auftakt der Vielseitigkeitsprüfung bei den Olympischen Spielen 2020...
- JEUX OLYMPIQUES DE TOKYO 2020 - Concours complet, 1er jouron August 1, 2021 at 10:19 am
TOKYO, 1er août 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Les Britanniques prennent rapidement l'avance de la phase d'ouverture du dressage - par Louise Parkes. Le numéro un mondial, Oliver Townend, a donné à l'équipe britannique le meilleur départ possible en prenant la tête de l'épreuve individuelle lors de...
- WRLD1 / TVNET creates Film / TV viewer experiences as guides to the filmed entertainment universe with 3 new search venues for TV and films worldwideon August 1, 2021 at 9:41 am
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 1 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Nathan Sassover, CEO of WRLD1 / TVNET today announced a trio of Film/TV viewer guides as companion networks with platforms targeting streamed Film/TV content. Powered by the TVNET APTVE mobile netcast architecture l viewer interface driving a...