Logistics & Transportation News - Logistics & Transportation News Headlines | Bizjournals.com Logistics & Transportation news
- In search of revenue, RDU Airport could soon allow ads for alcohol, tobacco productsby Lauren Ohnesorge on May 22, 2022 at 12:08 pm
As Raleigh-Durham International Airport races to prepare for a full recovery in the travel industry, advertisements for alcohol, gambling, tobacco and CBD products could become a common sight in the airport.
- More Phoenix school districts adding electric buses to their fleetsby Jimena Vera on May 21, 2022 at 6:00 pm
School districts across the city are working to change their bus fleets to electric, and parents are on board. The advantages are evident to families with school-age children, particularly kids with health issues. Two mothers interviewed by Cronkite News said their daughters with asthma saw respiratory problems improve after avoiding regular school buses, which run on diesel fuel. “My eighth-grader has asthma, and she has benefited more from the electric bus,” said Elba Sánchez, a parent volunteer…
- Weekend Wheels: Fast and fancy Cadillac CT5 Blackwing challenges Euro starsby Cathy Luebke on May 21, 2022 at 3:20 pm
Base price, including destination: $84,990, manual; $88,165, automatic Mpg range: 13/21; 13/22, premium fuel Seating: 5 Manufactured: Lansing, Mich. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: 5 of 5 stars for side impact; 5 for rollover resistance; www.safercar.gov JDPower.com rating: Standard CT5 scored 81, 0-69 indicates fair, 70-80 average, 81-90 great, 91-100 best Website: www.cadillac.com Competitors: Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, Audi RS7, BMW M5, Lexus IS500 FSport Performance,…
- Alaska Air names Wayne Newton SVP of airport operationsby Marissa Nall on May 20, 2022 at 10:18 pm
Wayne Newton, a three-decade veteran at Alaska, has led the company's 3,200-person airport and air cargo team for the past five years.
- Powerful upgrades eyed for groundbreaking Portland electric truck charging siteby Pete Danko on May 20, 2022 at 10:14 pm
The Swan Island site opened in April 2021 to considerable fanfare.
- Passenger traffic at Pittsburgh International Airport reaches 87% of prepandemic levelsby Nate Doughty on May 20, 2022 at 9:36 pm
Passenger levels seen at Pittsburgh International Airport continue to climb back toward levels that haven't been seen since the pandemic's onset in March 2020. A million more people have flown out of PIT year-to-date this year than last year.
- Canadian airline to resume popular international flight to Denver airportby Jensen Werley on May 20, 2022 at 8:31 pm
The airline had more than 30,000 passengers out of DIA in 2019.
- Meet Damian Brooke, a 2022 CFO of the Year honoreeby Chris Erickson on May 20, 2022 at 8:13 pm
Damian Brooke is the executive vice president and CFO of the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority and Tampa International Airport.
- Pittsburgh International Airport looks to broaden on-site natural gas use with CNX partnershipby Nate Doughty on May 20, 2022 at 7:26 pm
A new phase of an already-existing partnership between Pittsburgh International Airport and CNX Resources Corp. will vie to reduce carbon emissions and lower transportation costs by converting the airport's on-site natural gas into alternative fuels.
- Southwest Airlines customer service workers reject tentative agreementby Holden Wilen on May 20, 2022 at 5:48 pm
Southwest executives said during the annual shareholders meeting May 18 they are waiting on the union to finish polling its members to determine what issues still need negotiating.
PR Newswire: PR Newswire:
- New Data Presented at DDW 2022 Shows Nearly Two-Fold Risk of Loss of Remission in Ulcerative Colitis Patients who had Histologic Inflammation on Baseline Biopsyon May 22, 2022 at 7:15 pm
DURHAM, N.C., May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- New data shows that more than a third (36.6%) of ulcerative colitis (UC) patients who have previously responded to advanced therapies experienced a loss of remission (LOR) in their symptom control, often within a year. The analysis from Target...
- ROSEN, A TOP RANKED FIRM, Encourages Stronghold Digital Mining, Inc. Investors With Losses to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in Securities Class Action - SDIGon May 22, 2022 at 7:14 pm
NEW YORK, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- WHY: , N.Y., May 22, 2022. Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, reminds purchasers of the securities of Stronghold Digital Mining, Inc. (NASDAQ: SDIG) pursuant and/or traceable to the registration statement and prospectus (collectively,...
- Tribe Builder Media Mogul, Danielle Sabrina, Announces "Genre 22" Record Label Launch and Trending New Pop Artist "Hazy Shea"on May 22, 2022 at 7:11 pm
LOS ANGELES, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Danielle Sabrina, award-winning publicist and founder of Tribe Builder Media, today announced the launch of Genre 22, an independent label she formed with her daughter and artist Taylor Graveline known as Hazy Shea. A concept born from a poolside...
- HUB Security Announces a $18m Framework Agreement to Provide Confidential Computing Hardware Solutionson May 22, 2022 at 6:20 pm
TEL-AVIV, Israel, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- HUB Cyber Security (Israel) Limited (TASE: HUB), a Tel-Aviv based developer of Confidential Computing cybersecurity solutions and services ("HUB" or the "Company"), announces that it has signed a long-term framework agreement with a leading...
- ROSEN, A LEADING LAW FIRM, Encourages Natera, Inc. Investors to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in Securities Class Action - NTRAon May 22, 2022 at 5:22 pm
NEW YORK, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- WHY: Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, reminds purchasers of the securities of Natera, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTRA) between February 26, 2020 and April 19, 2022, inclusive (the "Class Period"), of the important June 27, 2022 lead plaintiff...
- Hyundai Motor Group to Strengthen US Investment as the Group Targets Innovation and Mobility Leadershipon May 22, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- HMG to invest more than USD 10 billion in US by 2025 to secure future growth - Investment to support HMG global position as first mover in innovation and next-generation mobility solutions and contributes to U.S. manufacturing - HMG on May 20 announced a USD 5.54-billion new EV &...
- ROSEN, A LEADING LAW FIRM, Encourages Netflix, Inc. Investors With Losses to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in Securities Class Action - NFLXon May 22, 2022 at 4:22 pm
NEW YORK, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- WHY: Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, reminds purchasers of the securities of Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) between October 19, 2021 and April 19, 2022, inclusive (the "Class Period"), of the important July 5, 2022 lead plaintiff...
- Linqto Surpasses Fifty Thousand Investor memberson May 22, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Private investing made simple on Linqto SAN FRANCISCO, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Linqto, the Main Street investment platform for private technology market securities, announced a significant milestone in the company's growth. With a 100% increase in the past four months, Linqto has...
- WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Leprosy Elimination Recognized with WHO Director-General's Award for Global Health at 75th World Health Assemblyon May 22, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Ambassador will call on countries to strengthen efforts against leprosy in meetings with delegations attending WHA TOKYO, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Leprosy Elimination Yohei Sasakawa arrives in Geneva, Switzerland on May 23 for the 75th World Health...
- ROSEN, A LEADING LAW FIRM, Encourages Mullen Automotive, Inc. f/k/a Net Element, Inc. Investors With Losses to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in First Filed Securities Class Action Commenced by the Firm - MULN, NETEon May 22, 2022 at 3:20 pm
NEW YORK, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- WHY: Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, reminds purchasers of the securities of Mullen Automotive, Inc. f/k/a Net Element, Inc. (NASDAQ: MULN) (NASDAQ: NETE) between June 15, 2020 and April 6, 2022, inclusive (the "Class Period"), of...