PR Newswire: PR Newswire:
- St. Vincent Nurses to Resume Talks with Dallas-Based Tenet Healthcare Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 2 & 3 -- As the Strike Will Reach 148 Dayson August 1, 2021 at 12:29 pm
WORECESTER, Mass., Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- A federal has mediator scheduled the next round of talks between the striking nurses of St. Vincent Hospital and the management of Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare, in the hopes that the parties can reach an agreement that finally includes the...
- Dr. Gerry Catapang, A Doctor Of Physical Therapy, Introduces A New Viral Two Minute Exercise For Low Back Painon August 1, 2021 at 12:08 pm
ST. LOUIS, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Life can be miserable when it's painful just to get out of bed in the morning because of a low back pain. It can be so frustrating when your low back pain is so excruciating by just trying to take a step or two. It's horrible, especially for...
- OLYMPISCHE SPIELE TOKIO 2020 - Vielseitigkeit Tag 1on August 1, 2021 at 10:29 am
TOKIO, 1. August 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Die Briten übernehmen früh die Führung in der Dressurphase- von Louise Parkes. Der Weltranglistenerste Oliver Townend bescherte dem britischen Team den bestmöglichen Start, als er zum Auftakt der Vielseitigkeitsprüfung bei den Olympischen Spielen 2020...
- JEUX OLYMPIQUES DE TOKYO 2020 - Concours complet, 1er jouron August 1, 2021 at 10:19 am
TOKYO, 1er août 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Les Britanniques prennent rapidement l'avance de la phase d'ouverture du dressage - par Louise Parkes. Le numéro un mondial, Oliver Townend, a donné à l'équipe britannique le meilleur départ possible en prenant la tête de l'épreuve individuelle lors de...
- WRLD1 / TVNET creates Film / TV viewer experiences as guides to the filmed entertainment universe with 3 new search venues for TV and films worldwideon August 1, 2021 at 9:41 am
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 1 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Nathan Sassover, CEO of WRLD1 / TVNET today announced a trio of Film/TV viewer guides as companion networks with platforms targeting streamed Film/TV content. Powered by the TVNET APTVE mobile netcast architecture l viewer interface driving a...
- A.R.M. Holding Becomes the First Corporate Patron of Dubai Collectionon August 1, 2021 at 8:00 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- A.R.M. Holding, the private investment firm and multi-focused economic enabler, announced today that 19 artworks from the A.R.M. Holding Art Collection were selected earlier this month to join Dubai Collection. The recently...
- WRLD1 / TVNET enlarges its Finance / Investment Global Business group to 10 networks across the sectors of Global Finance, Fintech, Crypto and World Business Newson August 1, 2021 at 7:59 am
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Nathan Sassover, CEO of WRLD1 /TVNET today announced further development and increased strategic presence with the creation of additional regional and metro center finance /investment news platforms targeting the surging sectors of Fintech,...
- Extraits de la conférence internationale de l'Alzheimer's Association 2021on August 1, 2021 at 6:48 am
DENVER, 1er août 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Les recherches présentées au cours de la conférence internationale de l'Alzheimer Association® (AAIC®) 2021 suggèrent que la COVID-19 est associée à un dysfonctionnement cognitif à long terme et à une accélération de la pathologie et des symptômes de...
- Chinese Giants GAC and Huawei Will Work Together to Develop a Smart SUVon August 1, 2021 at 6:11 am
GUANGZHOU, China, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- On July 9, 2021, GAC Group officially announced an exciting joint project with tech giant Huawei: the two firms will work together to develop a "smart SUV", aiming to hit the market in mass production by the end of 2023. The SUV will be the...
- Acetone Market: Impact and Recovery Report | Evolving Opportunities and New Market Possibilities Post Pandemic| SpendEdgeon August 1, 2021 at 6:00 am
NEW YORK, Aug. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- SpendEdge's procurement report on Acetone market identifies INEOS Group Holdings SA, Mitsui & Co. Ltd., Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Compañía Española de Petróleos S.A.U, Altivia, Versalis S.p.A, KUMHO P&B CHEMICALS INC., Honeywell International Inc.,...
Legal Services News - Legal Services News Headlines | Bizjournals.com Legal Services news
- Are insurance captives right for your business?by Moira Lyon on August 1, 2021 at 4:00 am
As you look at options for insurance, the thought of captives may sound intimidating. But captives are simply defined as insurance companies owned by the insured.
- Wayfair three years later: Why companies better address sales tax obligationsby Steve Claflin on August 1, 2021 at 4:00 am
The question of the day: If the seller doesn’t have a physical presence in the state, how will the state know they have economic nexus?
- Businessman pushes banks to add people of color to boardsby Ron Chimelis on July 31, 2021 at 10:00 am
Years before issues of race relations and equity became daily and dominant themes in media, Ron Davis was pushing for more diversity and inclusion at the higher levels of American business. He still is.
- Ballard Spahr plans hybrid return to the office in October, will mandate vaccine for on-site workby Jeff Blumenthal on July 30, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Ballard Spahr is strongly recommending lawyers and staff return to the office three days a week but not mandating that schedule.
- Delta variant has many companies rethinking the return to workby Ty West on July 30, 2021 at 5:20 pm
Many companies are targeting the period after Labor Day to call workers back to the office. A rise in Covid-19 cases fueled by the Delta variant has many rethinking those plans.
- Dayton-area broker creates new subsidiary for business transitioningby Hailey Qualls on July 30, 2021 at 3:52 pm
Sunbelt takes a team approach to their business exit strategy services.
- Miyamoto International contends with supply shortages, increased costsby Renata Geraldo on July 30, 2021 at 1:55 pm
Miyamoto International is reevaluating how it manages projects as supplies remain scarce and increasingly expensive while the demand for new development shows no sign of slowing.
- EY winner Trainual aims to 'get your business out of your brain'by Lisa Wirthman, special to Denver Business Journal on July 30, 2021 at 12:37 pm
Editor's note: This feature is part of the special report surrounding EY's 2021 Entrepreneur of the year awards. Click here to read the entire report. Chris Ronzio started his entrepreneurial journey at an early age with car washing, lemonade stands and other childhood ventures before launching a video production company at the age of 14. “I was always opportunistic,” he says. Ronzio continued to operate his video business for the next 12 years, eventually hiring his first employees when…
- See whether KC-area company made the cut in EY EOY regional finalson July 30, 2021 at 12:24 pm
Kansas City-based New Horizons Enterprise learns whether it will join 11 other entrepreneurs in competing at the national level for the award.
- 40 Under 40 Class of 2021: ATR International's Andrea Brenholzby Lynn Peithman Stock on July 30, 2021 at 12:00 pm
ATR International's Andrea Brenholz is a Silicon Valley Business Journal 2021 40 Under 40 honoree
Law : NPR NPR stories on legal issues, court rulings, Supreme Court hearings, new laws and government investigations. Download the NPR Justice Talking podcast and subscribe to the Legal Affairs RSS feed.
- A Sci-Fi Store Is Suing, And Presenting The Facts In An Action-Packed Comic Bookon August 1, 2021 at 12:08 pm
Third Planet, a sci-fi and fantasy store in Houston, is suing the hotel next door over roof damage and using a unique way to present the facts in the case: BAM! BOOM! BOFFO! A comic book!
- Across Federal Workforce, People With Disabilities See Need For More Representationby Deepa Shivaram on July 31, 2021 at 12:00 pm
People with disabilities represent the largest minority group in the country, but say they remain vastly underrepresented when it comes to the ranks of the federal workforce.
- As COVID Concern Grows In Kansas, So Does Confusion Over Who Is In Chargeby Abigail Censky on July 31, 2021 at 9:00 am
Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly, a Democrat, has been hesitant to issue any statewide mandates without a ruling from the state Supreme Court on her powers. Counties aren't jumping at the opportunity either.
- A Justice Department Ruling Paves The Way For A House Panel To Get Trump's Taxesby Carrie Johnson on July 30, 2021 at 6:52 pm
The Justice Department said the Treasury Department "must furnish" the Trump tax materials to House lawmakers. But it's far from clear that the information will become public.
- Notes Show Trump Pressed The Justice Department To Declare The 2020 Election Corruptby Ryan Lucas on July 30, 2021 at 6:07 pm
New documents released by the House Oversight Committee log a telephone conversation between Justice Department leaders and then-President Donald Trump in December 2020.
- DOJ Sues Texas Governor Over Using State Troopers To Turn Back Migrantsby The Associated Press on July 30, 2021 at 4:48 pm
The Biden administration asked the court to prevent state troopers from stopping vehicles carrying migrants on grounds that they may spread COVID-19.
- News Brief: Delta Variant, Defrocked Cardinal Charged, Taliban Revenge Killingsby Steve Inskeep on July 30, 2021 at 9:08 am
CDC document reveals the danger of the delta variant. Defrocked Cardinal McCarrick is charged with sexually assaulting a teen. The Taliban are executing Afghans who worked with foreign troops.
- Former Cardinal Theodore McCarrick Is Charged With Sexually Assaulting A Teenon July 30, 2021 at 9:08 am
NPR's Sarah McCammon talks to Joshua McElwee of the National Catholic Reporter about McCarrick facing charges in Massachusetts for alleged sexual abuse of a minor decades ago.
- Harvey Weinstein Tries And Fails To Have Several Sexual Assault Charges Dismissedby Neda Ulaby on July 29, 2021 at 8:56 pm
Weinstein's lawyers had asked a judge to throw out three of the sexual assault charges against him. The judge let two stand but agreed that a third should be amended and sent back to the grand jury.
- Gun-Maker Offers Sandy Hook Families $33 Million. Here's What They May Be Consideringby Vanessa Romo on July 29, 2021 at 3:55 am
The settlement proposal is far lower than what families said they expected. But an attorney with more than 20 years of experience working with mass shooting victims says there's a lot to think about.
ABA Journal Top Stories The most important legal stories of the day.
- Weekly Briefs: Fewer than half of Americans approve of SCOTUS; ex-judge denies raping secretaryby email@example.com on July 30, 2021 at 11:25 pm
Supreme Court approval rating hits 4-year low Only 49% of Americans approve of the way the U.S. Supreme Court is handling its job, according to…
- Treasury must provide Congress with Trump’s tax returns, Justice Department says in legal opinionby firstname.lastname@example.org on July 30, 2021 at 8:20 pm
The U.S. Treasury Department must turn over former President Donald Trump’s tax returns to Congress because it has provided facially valid reasons for the request,…
- McDonald’s investor suit alleges Morgan Lewis rushed probe of then-CEOby email@example.com on July 30, 2021 at 7:10 pm
A lawsuit filed by a McDonald’s investor alleges Morgan, Lewis & Bockius conducted a “grossly inadequate” investigation of inappropriate relationships by the company’s then-CEO, leading…
- Federal prosecutor alleges retaliation for complaints about discrimination and racist statementsby firstname.lastname@example.org on July 30, 2021 at 5:15 pm
An assistant U.S. attorney in Santa Ana, California, has filed a lawsuit alleging retaliation for complaining about discrimination and racist statements by managers. Charles Pell’s…
- 3rd Circuit judicial council rejects bias allegations against two federal appeals judgesby email@example.com on July 30, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Two federal appeals judges did not act with racial animus when they prepared a report about a Black senior staff member’s management and leadership, according…
- ‘Making a Murderer’ subject Steven Avery loses appellate bid for new-trial hearing; his lawyer is undeterredby firstname.lastname@example.org on July 29, 2021 at 6:42 pm
The Wisconsin Court of Appeals on Wednesday rejected a request for a hearing in a new-trial bid by Steven Avery, whose case was portrayed in…
- Federal judge bashes Kramer Levin lawyers, even as he denies sanctions for their conductby email@example.com on July 29, 2021 at 4:27 pm
Three lawyers with Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel were spared sanctions but got no vindication in a federal judge’s critical decision earlier this week. U.S.…
- 11th Circuit rules for Southern Poverty Law Center in defamation suit over hate group designationby firstname.lastname@example.org on July 29, 2021 at 2:34 pm
A federal appeals court has affirmed dismissal of a conservative Christian group’s lawsuit alleging that the Southern Poverty Law Center defamed the church by…
- Woman went to law school so she could help fight for her transgender daughter’s rightsby email@example.com on July 29, 2021 at 2:13 pm
Katie Jenifer decided someone had to fight for her transgender daughter and decided she was the person for the job. At age 45, Jenifer decided…
- 2021 state of the profession report shows how COVID-19 affected older lawyers’ retirement plansby firstname.lastname@example.org on July 29, 2021 at 2:10 pm
The COVID-19 pandemic prompted one-third of older lawyers to change their retirement plans, according to the 2021 ABA Profile of the Legal Profession released…