PR Newswire: PR Newswire:
- Hyundai Motor Group to Strengthen US Investment as the Group Targets Innovation and Mobility Leadershipon May 22, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- HMG to invest more than USD 10 billion in US by 2025 to secure future growth - Investment to support HMG global position as first mover in innovation and next-generation mobility solutions and contributes to U.S. manufacturing - HMG on May 20 announced a USD 5.54-billion new EV &...
- ROSEN, A LEADING LAW FIRM, Encourages Netflix, Inc. Investors With Losses to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in Securities Class Action - NFLXon May 22, 2022 at 4:22 pm
NEW YORK, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- WHY: Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, reminds purchasers of the securities of Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) between October 19, 2021 and April 19, 2022, inclusive (the "Class Period"), of the important July 5, 2022 lead plaintiff...
- Linqto Surpasses Fifty Thousand Investor memberson May 22, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Private investing made simple on Linqto SAN FRANCISCO, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Linqto, the Main Street investment platform for private technology market securities, announced a significant milestone in the company's growth. With a 100% increase in the past four months, Linqto has...
- WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Leprosy Elimination Recognized with WHO Director-General's Award for Global Health at 75th World Health Assemblyon May 22, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Ambassador will call on countries to strengthen efforts against leprosy in meetings with delegations attending WHA TOKYO, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Leprosy Elimination Yohei Sasakawa arrives in Geneva, Switzerland on May 23 for the 75th World Health...
- ROSEN, A LEADING LAW FIRM, Encourages Mullen Automotive, Inc. f/k/a Net Element, Inc. Investors With Losses to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in First Filed Securities Class Action Commenced by the Firm - MULN, NETEon May 22, 2022 at 3:20 pm
NEW YORK, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- WHY: Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, reminds purchasers of the securities of Mullen Automotive, Inc. f/k/a Net Element, Inc. (NASDAQ: MULN) (NASDAQ: NETE) between June 15, 2020 and April 6, 2022, inclusive (the "Class Period"), of...
- After Two Years of COVID-19, Americans' Anxiety Turns to Global Events, Says APA Annual Mental Health Pollon May 22, 2022 at 3:00 pm
Children's Mental Health Also a Top Concern NEW ORLEANS, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the annual Healthy Minds Poll from the American Psychiatric Association, adults' anxiety about COVID-19 is at its recorded lowest, with 50% indicating they're anxious about it, down from 65%...
- Karyopharm und Menarini Group erhalten positives CHMP-Gutachten für NEXPOVIO® (Selinexor) zur Behandlung von Patienten mit refraktärem Multiplem Myelomon May 22, 2022 at 2:58 pm
-- Entscheidung der Europäischen Kommission in ca. 60 Tagen erwartet -- NEWTON, Massachusetts und FLORENZ, Italien, 22. Mai 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: KPTI), ein pharmazeutisches Unternehmen im Entwicklungsstadium, das Pionierarbeit bei neuartigen...
- DER FÜHRENDE SAUDISCHE ZÜCHTER KEHRT NACH CANNES ZURÜCK, UM DIE LOKALE FILMPRODUKTION ZU FÖRDERN UND SPANNENDE TALENTE ZU PRÄSENTIERENon May 22, 2022 at 2:35 pm
· Das King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture (Ithra) schließt sich dem saudischen Pavillon an, der von der saudischen Filmkommission bei den Filmfestspielen in Cannes veranstaltet wird. · Ithra präsentiert zwei Filme in der Kurzfilmecke des Filmmarkts. · Ithra ist einer der führenden...
- LE GRAND PRODUCTEUR DE FILMS SAOUDIEN ITHRA REVIENT À CANNES POUR PROMOUVOIR LA PRODUCTION CINÉMATOGRAPHIQUE LOCALE ET PRÉSENTER DE GRANDS TALENTSon May 22, 2022 at 2:30 pm
· Le centre du roi Abdelaziz pour la connaissance et la culture (Ithra) intègre le pavillon saoudien accueilli par la commission cinématographique saoudienne au Festival de Cannes. · Ithra présente deux films pour le catalogue du Short Film Corner dans le cadre du Marché du Film. · Ithra...
- IFMA's 2022 Gold Plate Award Presented to Lance Trenaryon May 22, 2022 at 2:26 pm
The International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) presented the Gold Plate Award, the foodservice industry's top honor, to Lance Trenary of Golden Corral this weekend CHICAGO, May 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Lance Trenary, President & CEO of Golden Corral was named the 2022 Gold...
Legal Services News - Legal Services News Headlines | Bizjournals.com Legal Services news
- Top of the List: Triad Architecture Firmsby Carl Wilson on May 22, 2022 at 11:42 am
Check out this week's List of architecture firms in the Triad.
- Employers changing their positions on high-stakes topicsby Ty West on May 22, 2022 at 3:39 am
Employers are adapting their policies at a rapid pace in the pandemic era — particularly on high-stakes topics that could have long-term effects on their businesses.
- BRP Group smashed revenue estimates in Q1by Christina Georgacopoulos on May 20, 2022 at 8:17 pm
Tampa Bay’s BRP Group posted another quarter of record-setting revenue growth.
- Kansas Supreme Court rules in favor of Bicknell in $48M tax disputeby James Dornbrook on May 20, 2022 at 7:49 pm
The Kansas Supreme Court ruled that Gene Bicknell was a Florida resident at the time of the $165 million sale of NPC International, so the state erred in charging him $48 million in income taxes.
- 2022 40 Under 40: Austin Thacker champions construction projects and neglected childrenby Susan Lundine on May 20, 2022 at 7:02 pm
His top stress-relief activity: Playing golf or clay shooting.
- The List got shorter. Consolidation is the big reason why.by Todd Kehoe on May 20, 2022 at 6:21 pm
Four of the insurance agencies on The List just two years ago are either under new ownership or have been acquired.
- Inflated property market drives expensive, risky insurance trendsby Katie Anderson on May 20, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Desperate for a home or property? Don't skip the inspection.
- FAMILY BUSINESS AWARDS: Weber Group Inc.on May 20, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Weber Group Inc. is a Family Business Awards honoree in the medium business of the year category.
- Frontdoor president and CEO Rex Tibbens to step down, board chair, former H&R Block chief William Cobb to take overby John Klyce on May 20, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Rex Tibbens will step down from the president and CEO role in June, with board chair William Cobb set to take over the position.
- International law firm leases two floors at 830 Brickell projectby Erik Bojnansky on May 20, 2022 at 1:54 pm
The firm plans to grow Miami office by recruiting from other local firms.
Law : NPR NPR stories on legal issues, court rulings, Supreme Court hearings, new laws and government investigations. Download the NPR Justice Talking podcast and subscribe to the Legal Affairs RSS feed.
- A lawsuit in Wash. claims Native-run casinos have a monopoly on sports bettingby David Hyde on May 22, 2022 at 12:11 pm
A federal lawsuit is challenging how Native-run casinos operate, saying they're a monopoly. Critics worry that the suit, if successful, would undermine tribal sovereignty.
- Social media sides with Johnny Depp in trial with Amber Heardby Ayesha Rascoe on May 22, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Ayesha Rascoe talks to sociologist Nicole Bedera about the online attention surrounding the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard trial and its implications for discussions about intimate partner violence.
- Frequent tragedies spur 'mass shooting protocol' handbook for local officialson May 21, 2022 at 9:13 pm
A new protocol for mayors helps them navigate the hours after a mass shooting. NPR's Sacha Pfeiffer speaks with activist Sarah Peck and former Dayton, Ohio, mayor Nan Whaley, who helped develop it.
- Should 18-year-olds be allowed to buy semi-automatic rifles? State and courts debateby Martin Kaste on May 21, 2022 at 9:00 am
Efforts by states to to raise the minimum age for buying a long rifle have been challenged in court by gun rights activists.
- Red Power Ranger actor was charged with paycheck protection fraudby The Associated Press on May 21, 2022 at 12:22 am
Jason Lawrence Geiger is one of 19 defendants named in a federal indictment, the FBI said. Acting under the name Austin St. John, Geiger played Jason Lee Scott, the Red Power Ranger.
- Judge rules that pandemic border restrictions must continue, a win for GOP-led statesby Joel Rose on May 20, 2022 at 9:46 pm
A federal judge in Louisiana has blocked the Biden administration from lifting the pandemic border restrictions known as Title 42, which were set to end on Monday.
- The Buffalo shooting suspect's online footprint prompts questions about red flagsby Odette Yousef on May 20, 2022 at 2:38 pm
A digital log believed to be linked to the accused Buffalo gunman documents six months of planning the terrorist attack. Researchers are looking through it and asking: Were there any red flags?
- The Justice Department is releasing new guidelines, grants to fight hate crimesby Carrie Johnson on May 20, 2022 at 1:15 pm
Leaders in the civil rights community are pushing the department and other cabinet agencies to take more aggressive action.
- Telehealth abortion demand is soaring. But access may come down to where you liveby Pien Huang on May 20, 2022 at 10:34 am
Recent rule changes made it easier for patients to get abortion pills through the mail, using telehealth services. Now there is growing demand for these services – and new legal battles brewing.
- Body armor, worn by the Buffalo shooter, faces far fewer regulations than gunsby Becky Sullivan on May 20, 2022 at 9:00 am
A security guard at the Tops market tried to fire back at the shooter, but his fire struck body armor instead. Experts say use of body armor by mass shooters has trended up in recent years.
ABA Journal Top Stories The most important legal stories of the day.
- Justice Thomas’ wife urged Arizona lawmakers to choose ‘clean slate of electors’ after Trump’s lossby email@example.com on May 20, 2022 at 8:14 pm
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas’ wife apparently pushed two Arizona lawmakers to choose electors for former President Donald Trump following his 2020 election loss…
- Weekly Briefs: McDonald’s, Wendy’s sued over burger ads; ICE is ‘a domestic surveillance agency,’ report saysby firstname.lastname@example.org on May 20, 2022 at 7:12 pm
Ads exaggerate size of McDonald’s, Wendy’s burgers, suit says Food stylists for McDonald’s and Wendy’s undercook hamburger patties portrayed in advertising to make them appear…
- Supreme Court justices get around-the-clock security after leak of draft abortion opinion; 25 state AGs call for actionby email@example.com on May 20, 2022 at 3:17 pm
U.S. Supreme Court justices began getting around-the-clock security last week, as protesters who fear an end to abortion rights gathered outside the homes of…
- Federal court will investigate leak of survey describing alleged bias and bullying by judgesby firstname.lastname@example.org on May 20, 2022 at 2:14 pm
The federal court in Washington, D.C., will investigate the leak of a confidential workplace survey that revealed allegations of bullying and discrimination by some trial-level…
- Was there a go-between in the murder of law prof Dan Markel? Defense offers alternative theoryby email@example.com on May 19, 2022 at 8:27 pm
Lawyers for Katherine Magbanua, accused of being a go-between in the murder of law professor Dan Markel, offered an alternative theory of the case in…
- Keep Austin Wired: Driven by a tech boom, lawyers are flocking to Austin, Texasby firstname.lastname@example.org on April 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Bob Dylan’s ‘Hurricane’ is one of the most famous tales of wrongful convictionby email@example.com on July 11, 2019 at 12:00 pm
I hate being on the road too early in the morning; sometimes it’s just you and a long stretch of highway until the sun rises.…
- Judge arrested for alleged courthouse sex assault; women adopted buddy-system safety planby firstname.lastname@example.org on April 12, 2019 at 6:22 pm
A judge in Washington was arrested at the courthouse Wednesday and charged with second-degree rape for the alleged sexual assault of a courthouse employee. Judge…
- Chief justice considering possibility of ethics code for Supreme Court, Kagan revealsby email@example.com on March 8, 2019 at 5:37 pm
U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. is considering whether to create an ethics code for Supreme Court justices, Justice Elena Kagan told…
- Congress should exempt Puerto Rico from shipping law, ABA House saysby firstname.lastname@example.org on August 7, 2018 at 6:06 pm
A nearly century-old shipping regulation is hampering Puerto Rico's economic and physical recovery in the wake of Hurricane Maria last year, and Congress should enact…